Wish I'd asked more questions - CIN3

So following a smear test in early June, I received a letter confirming abnormal changes (no further information). Today I had a Colposcopy appt in which there was a lot of white tissue and 3 patches that looked bright red within the white area.

I am 8 weeks pregnant so no biopsy done or treatment offered at this stage but when I asked, the doctor advised it was not cancer but CIN3. I am aware the white area is the abnormal cell area but I stupidly didn’t clarify about the red sore looking patches within the white area. Can anyone advise if these are ulcerations? Note the red patches did not look the same as the normal pinky-red area of the surrounding cervix.

I have to go back to Colposcopy in November when I am around 24 weeks pregnant for a check up (unless pregnancy turns out not to be viable in which case I’ll go back ASAP for treatment). Have been advised would need to return 12 weeks after giving birth for treatment.

A bit stunned as following the letter from cervical screening Wales which stated only abnormal and no other info, I had a letter from my GP surgery stating some ‘minor abnormal changes’ had been identified which might need treatment. CIN3 minor? Not from what I have read. Freaking out a little though trying to stay realistic that it won’t develop into cancer whilst pregnant.

Hi. I can't advise on what the red patches could be, only that if it was something to be worried about, they would have checked. You could ask at your next appointment. As for the letter, it's probably a standard one. A little strange given what the consultant said, but again you could ask at the next colposcopy.

I was in the same situation as you three years ago. I had a monitoring colposcopy at 35 weeks, and then treatment 9 weeks post partum. All was well. It's good they are keeping an eye on you. Try not to worry too much.

Best wishes for your pregnancy.x