When can i have a bath after Lletz

I had Lletz treatement today and one of the nurses who was trying to calm me asked what i would do this evening and i said i really want a bath, she laughed and said im not surprised you want a nice relaxing bath! I wasn't told not to but after reading up on topic since i have seen that some people have been told not to, does anyone know? Thanks so much in advance

There's so much conflicting information it's hard to know. My colposcopy nurse told me a week, the leaflet she gave me said 48hrs. Other hospitals (whose guidance is online) say 3-4 days, straight away but don't add anything to bath water, 2 weeks.

I had a bath about 10 days after because I was desperate for one and figured it was longer than the nurse had told me directly but didn't put anything in the water and only stayed in 15 minutes.  

Thank you, i will leave it a while then, i just really wanted a nice soak in the bath after today xx

I think it also depends on how big a biopsy has been removed. I was told 6 weeks.

You can ring up your colposcopy clinic to ask. A nurse will be happy to look at your records and check for you xx

Hi all,

I had Lletz on Saturday and my leaflet said a warm bath is OK  but not a hot one so does sound like info conflicting across NHS trusts.  I've decided to wait though, but you're right it was just what I fancied too. Take care xx

Hi all,

I had Lletz on Saturday and my leaflet said a warm bath is OK  but not a hot one so does sound like info conflicting across NHS trusts.  I've decided to wait though, but you're right it was just what I fancied too. Take care xx

I had a lletz on Monday and my consultant told me 4 weeks for a bath, 3 at a push x

Both of my consultants (I have been treated by two) said I could have baths the day after.  The latest consultant said when it comes to water it's other people who have been in the water you have to worry about.  So things like swimming pools and hot tubs are a no no because of the risk of infection.  Your own bath tub is fine.  I think do what you are comfortable with though.