Bath after LLETZ confused

Good afternoon ladies,

I had my LLETS done on Tusday morning and the lady that did it was so nice and made me as comfortable as you can be in that situation but when i got home and was reading though the leaflet she gave me about the dos and dont for aftercare and what to look out for it said you could bath and shower as normal, but she had told me to wait 4-6 weeks to have a bath. Now i love a good bath and it what i feel like i need to help with the pain and to destress, so i wanted to ask how long did you all wait to have a bath or how long were you told to wait.

Hi Michelle

My consultant said to wait for 4 weeks, despite what the leaflet said. Many women on here seem to have has the same advice.

He said you could have a "kneeling bath" whatever the hell that entails!

I am waiting out of caution, I don't want to risk infection if I can possibly avoid it.

Call your colpo department if you're unsure xx

Hi michellew i had Lletz and a biopsy done on the 26th i asked if I could bath and she said not for the first night just have a shower but you can have one tomorrow so being sore i did what she said and ran a bath the next day unfortunately I got a bad infection and been on antibiotics ever since I've been prescribed a month's course as my swabs came back with a bad infection there's so many mixed comments about bathing after and from what I've read every Dr seems to say different hope that helps x