What else could it be?

Hello everyone, 

ive been scaring myself by looking on google as everything seems to point to cancer. So, I wondered if anyone had any ideas what else it could be? 

my GP has done a physical examination and she did say that she didn’t think it was any serious but wanted to check. She couldn’t do a smear as I am not due one as had one in October 2017.

im currently presenting with, what the gp said looked like a cyst, but that it looks red and sore and also something else is there that looks like a varicose vein. 

My symptoms are bleeding bright red blood during intimacy (only sometimes) but not after intimacy. I initially thought this might be vaginal dryness but thought I should have it checked. I’m assuming it’s the red “cyst” thing that is bleeding.

any ideas?

BTw I’m having a coloposcopy within 14 days as I am being referred to the priority service. 

It could be a cyst or it could be cervical erosion/ectropian. It's a raw patch on the cervix that can cause bleeding. 

Hiya..i had a smear on Monday and they found a red granulating atea on my cervix. I too have the bright red bleeding. I went for a colposcopy yesterday and they found a polyp so removed it. Everything else appeares fine x hope all goes okay with yours...my smear test was painful but i hardly felt anything with the colposcopy x

Thank you to you both. That’s helpful. 

Appointment went well. Cervix looked fine. I do have a nabothian cyst on my cervix but she said it all looked healthy and normal. The nurse carried out a smear and some other swabs and she also did the iodine test. It all seemed fine and subject to the results of the swabs and smear, I should be discharged from colposcopy clinic if tests are all clear. However, she did see a larger cyst INSIDE the cervix and I may need to have a hysteroscopy. Boo! She took photos and a consultant will assess in due course. Not really sure whether this is something I should be concerned about. I can’t find very much online. So, no apparent reason for the bleeding at the moment so was told to use lubericant!