What could this be for?

referral after 2nd Lletz
Had my 2nd Lletz on Jan 11th because didn’t have clear margins after the first Lletz in November. Haven’t had the results back for the 2nd but have this evening noticed a gynaecology referral and that I’m on a waiting list. Can’t be the test of cure as it’ll only be 4 months after and not 6. Has anyone any ideas how I can find out what it is for?

Hi there, did you see this new referral on your hospital or NHS app? I’m not in the exact same situation, but I just randomly received an invitation to colposcopy on my hospital app with zero context and honestly it frightened the life out of me - I ended up having to ring my GP who then told me that my letter with my results in was delayed and I had to speak to the hospital who gave me my results. Something similar may have happened to you and a letter or more formal notification may have been delayed - if you ring your hospital or GP they may be able to tell you more about this. I hope all goes well and just wanted to send some kind words of support too - honestly I think the worst thing about life with HPV is all the waiting around not knowing. I hope all is made clear for you soon.

1 Like

I eventually received a letter, only a few days ago. It had gone to the multidisciplinary team who have decided that as this 2nd lletz had clear margins I could have a test of cure at my drs in 6 months. I am however still on this random waiting list referral which nobody seems to have a clue about. Thank you for your response. It’s the waiting, not knowing.

Is your waiting list in the NHS app? I have a similar thing that seems to have been set up since even before my colposcopy, where it says I’m due for treatment in July 2024 as apparently this is the average wait for treatment in my primary care trust - this to me just looks like an administrative thing as surely they couldn’t tell what I’d need before the colposcopy? In my one you can see the exact dates when I was added to the list, you might be able to work something out from that. Either way I hate this constant guessing game too and hope everything is confirmed for you shortly!

It’s on the NHS app and referral was made the day of my second lletz. It’s all so stressful as it is so wouldn’t you think if a referral has been made they should at least tell us?

Honestly it’s absolutely maddening, all the apps do a lot of the time are confuse matters as so many different means of communication are used and they never seem to be in sync. If you call them up hopefully they can explain more for you, I really hope you get more info soon.

It could be referral for the 6month test of cure. I didn’t check my NHS app whilst i waited for mine. But that could be the explanation goven when it went on etc?

1 Like