What are the symptoms of a LLETZ infection?

Hey everyone,

I'm currently 10 days post LLETZ and have been doing pretty well. Today though I have started bleeding (which from what I can gather is normal), it's not really heavy and doesn't smell but it's fresh red blood. I'm due my period in 4 days so maybe it's come early? I certainly have cramps.

The only thing is I feel a little 'off it' today. I feel light headed and dizzy and my ear temperature is 38 (is this okay?), I'm wondering if it's the start of an infection as these symptoms have started on the same day as the bleeding, or if it might be unrelated. 

I know none of you are doctors and if it persists I will call them on Monday, I was just wondering if anybody has had anything similar? From what I've read on here symptoms of an infection is heavy bleeding or strong smelling discharge.

Emma xx

Your temperature is high so sounds like you have an infection somewhere. I've had 3 lletz and got infection after the 1st and 3rd and am told it's very common. First one I had pain and bright red bleeding, doc confirmed infection and I got antibiotics. The 3rd one I wasn't bleeding and all seemed fine after 3 weeks then I suddenly hemmoraged, ended up in hospital and was told the infection had interrupted the healing process, unusual after 3 weeks of being fine but I never seem to follow the norm lol. There was no smell either time. X

sounds like we’re going through the same thing. Had mine done exactly 10 days ago and no bleeding Or pain at all. Period was due on Tuesday but had no signs apart from PMS but it showed up yesterday. I was pretty sure it’s my period because my cramps are unmistakable. But since yesterday morning I’ve been feeling dizzy and very weak, sore muscles and neck pain and had temperature, my husband took my blood pressure and checked the heart rate but all seemed normal, today I have no temperature but still feel weak and light headed. I walked to town for about 20 mins and it felt like Climbing Kilimanjaro! So now I’m worried these might be a sign of infection and I am so scared of hemoraging blood. My periods are extremely heavy usually and I sometimes have to be put on transxamic acid but this one seems reasonably light so far! 

Oh Morjan that definitely sounds like what I'm going through! I wonder if it's because our bodies are putting so much energy into healing idk. I'm worried about hemorrhaging too. We're about to take the kids to the park and thankfully the park is next to the hospital so if I collapse or something I'm nearby Lol.

Libby - thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if I ought to go to a walk in clinic or tough it out until Monday. When you went to the doctors did they do an internal exam or just confirm infection through symptoms? I don't relish the thought of another internal so soon after LLETZ. 

Thanks for your replies guys. I really feel quite off it today. X