What am I waiting for?

Hey so I'm new to this! Things have happened so quickly the past couple of weeks. I had my abnormal smear result through and within a week I was in having a colposcopy and llettz. I was a bit dazed after the treatment and bit dizzy, they asked if I had any questions and can't remember exactly what I asked but I was told that they had treated me and that I would get results in approx 4 weeks. So could it have been cancer? Or something else. If she said she treated me is that the end of all this or should I actually be more worried now about what results come back in 4 weeks? Sorry if it's not a straight forward question! I'm just a little confused right now! Thank you!

Bless u 

I cant answer your questions as im fairly new here iv got my lletz next week eeek, but just wanted to say hi aand your not alone,  there are many women on here to chat along with

Many hugs xxx

Thanks Lizzy, I read so many threads on here. It's nice to know your not alone! 

i never imagined to be going through something like this at 28, bit of a shock to the system! 

Good luck with your appointment next week x

hiya. Your story sounds almost identical to mine. I came away wandering the same thing, is that it,  or is there a chance it could be cancer, so i  found my answer on here.  They will biopsy the area that they removed during LLETZ and grade the cell change, make sure they have clear margins, and check there is no evidence of cancer.  unfortunately until you get the results back no one can say 100% that it isnt cancer. But they are very good at colposcopy and would probably spotted anything untoward. i had severe diskaryosis on smear,  and my results showed cin 2. Good luck xxx

Hi SJa, 

thanks for your reply. I guess it's just sit and wait now! I was told cin3 when i had the lletz treatment. 

Luckily  have a great family to support me but coming on here makes me feel more comfort as I know I'm not alone in the whole waiting game! X