Waiting for results

hi everyone 

im 27 and had my first smear in September I put it off for ages and then had my daughter.

The results came back high grade servere dyskaryosis i then got a letter for a referall the had a colposcopy where I had a biop and LLTEZ I'm now waiting for the results, it's only been a week just wondering how long it's was until everyone got there results??

thank you 

amanda xxx

My situatuon is not quite the same, as I just had the biopsy on its own done first - and I got the results letter after just a week and a half (after being told it would take up to 6 weeks).  That was because it showed CIN 3 so I then had to go back quite quickly for LLETZ, which I had last week (Wednesday) so I’m waiting for a letter myself again too!

From others I’ve spoken to, I get the impression that they’re not usually in as much as a hurry with the results letter after the LLETZ has been done, because they’ve generally already removed it all so theres no ‘rush’ - which I get, but that obviously doesn’t help us anxiously waiting, lol! 

Hi, I'm in the same position, had the CIN3 result, colposcopy and LLETZ. The biopsy is with the path lab and I should hear the results this week. I think they aim for a 2 week wait for results. Every day feels like a week though. How are you doing? Pam x

I'm ok still not heard anything yet feel like I'm consistently checking for the post! how are doing?amanda X

Any news for you yet Mand..? Nearly 3 weeks since my LLETZ and still no leyter for me yet :-(

Heya Hun I couldn't wait any longer I rang yesterday and was told they had my results she said good news it's no cancer but I have two types of pre cancerous cells inside and outside and may need another LLTEZ, how are you doing Hun? Have you tried to ring i didn't get a letter or anything xx

Ah OK, what’s the next course of action for you then?

still nothing for me - 3 weeks and 2 days now. I haven’t been brave enough to ring as they did say it could take up to 6 weeks, so I have a feeling They’ll just say that! 

Heya Hun they rang me today and said I need to go back in 6months for another smear at the hospital and if that's clear can go back to my gp for smear every year, anything yet for you xx

Hey, I had the same , found cin 3, severe, had LLETZ and biopsy taken, 2 week after biopsy I had a letter with appt on for yday, so 3 weeks post LLETZ, my biopsy was cancer, but they are confident they got it all As clear margins, got to have repeat LLETZ in 3 weeks and then colposcopy every 6 months for the next 20 wars to keep an eye on any changes xxx