Watery Discharge?

Hi There,

I had my LLETZ 1 week ago. The doctor was confident the procedure was a success and that he “got everything removed”.

I have had the smallest amount of bleeding, like very very small amount on first couple of days… but a lot of very watery discharge. It just gushes out when I sit up in bed, or take a walk. Is this normal? I was expecting some bleeding, but was not warned about watery discharge. Is this leaking a sign of healing? Could it be an infection? It just feels like I’m wetting myself… I hope this stops within the 3-6 weeks healing timeframe!

Thank you for your support and advice

Hey, I’m post 10 days from my procedure and I haven’t had any bleeding yet but lots water discharge- like gushing out when standing. I hope this is normal. What are signs of infection ?

Heavy bleeding soaking pads every hour. Very Smelly discharge. Pain and feeling ill mild temperature or fever. Yellow or green discharge @Lou1

Thank you, noted. Just a pale discharge , smells but only like veg water which I understand normal healing x thank you

Thats ok but if your worried at all just call gynaecology x

1 Like

I was coming on to ask the exact same thing! I’ve had no bleeding at all (but bled a lot during), a tiny amount of spotting after I did a lot of walking over the weekend. But the discharge! :see_no_evil: I feel like I’m wetting myself too and the smell is so weird; I’m changing my pad constantly. Glad I’m not alone.

1 Like

Def not alone. It horrible, and the dull tummy aches. Keep wearing pads making me sore too. Hope your okay x

Morning, how long does it take till the black particles should show on discharge? To show healing coming to end… post 3 weeks now on Monday no bleeding, just now like a yellowish discharge?

Hi is there any smell not quite sure if yellow is normal but am not qualified to say. Do you feel well in yourself?

Hi, I feel v achy like I have a cold or something - extremely tired. The discharge doesn’t smell like it has done to start like veg water.

That’s how i felt like fluey weak tired and was infection they should check you healing take swabs do your temp pulse bp honey xx

How longs discharge been yellow?

I really not sure about the yellow best ask Doctor or gynaecology unit x

Hello. Had my LLETZ on Wednesday and only just created my account as I also have watery discharge and found this thread via google so wanted to say me too. Glad it’s not just me so it’s less worrying. No bleeding (tiny bit of brown on first day) but the water is ridiculous. Had to change my underwear when I got up from lying down in the sofa. Wasn’t wearing a pad as they also make my pubis sore. Might go get some period pant tomorrow from M&S!

Thank you for taking the time with your advice. Yes like a fluey feeling. Yellow like a wee colour discharge. At times not heavy - sorry for the details. I may call them tomorrow and ask them. Hope your doing ok

Hey, def rest up. The after effects are a lot different to what I ever imagined. Def not alone and I feel people on here understand n how you feeling and support x

I definitely would does sound like infection

1 Like

Im 2 weeks today and I still don’t have any black particles but I have finally started bleeding and I’m exhausted too (probably from the bleeding). And my discharge has stopped. Or maybe it’s mixed in there :see_no_evil::joy:

Sounds like yours might be an infection though.
I had a wound get infected in December from another procedure I had and that’s how I felt.

Keep taking it easy.
It have an infection and now on antibiotics for a week. Taking it easy a bit more incase I over done simple things.

Hope your blessing is ok x