Lletz discharge

Hi all
Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this. I had lletz treatment last Thursday (5 days ago),I had little bleeding and just slight cramping but today I have quite a lot of discharge and an awful smell,did anyone else experience this and is it normal?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi,
I had my lletz procedure done on Friday, first couple of days were fine. Yesterday and today I have constant discharge that’s brown, black or pink with black bits in it, almost like bits that have been burnt :woozy_face:
Today I’ve got a big pad on as it feels like I’m wetting myself and has a smell. I’m wondering also if it’s normal or if I should be calling the doctor for antibiotics. I hope things clear up for you soon x

Hi Emsyb
Yes,I’ve had to wear big pads today as feels like I’ve wet myself :joy:,there’s no bits in mine yet but just smells awful. Think I’ll ring the GP tomorrow and just get it checked out although don’t like the thought of them doing a swab down there,it’s the smell that’s worrying me slightly xx

I must add there’s no bleeding and not lots of discharge,like I’m not changing my pad all the time,but it is the smell that I’m worried about xx

Hi both. I had my lletz two weeks ago today. I had nothing for 2 days then watery blood which was at normal period type level. At day 7 i started getting dragging pain in lower pelvis and back pain. I contacted the doctors and they gave me antibiotics which ive been taking for a week now. Ive continued with the watery blood but its just getting less each day. I think we will all be different but dont worry about having to be examined for antibiotics, i was adamant that wasnt going to happen any time soon and they were very understanding !! I was told the most likely time frame for infection was around a week.

1 Like

Thank you for this :blush:
I’m glad you got sorted with the antibiotics. I’ve started to cramp and bleed today (had it
done on Friday). I had a telephone apt and she said it’s all normal and just to keep an eye on things. I do feel a bit wishy washy today but will keep and eye on things and call back if it gets worse x

Hi
Thanks for the reply,I too have had a dull pain today as well. I certainly don’t fancy an examination down there at the moment so hoping that’s not an option lol. Feel a bit wiped today as well.
The GP is contacting me this afternoon so will keep you posted x

Im glad you have both had some contact with your gp. I really do feel they under prepare you for after lletz. Everything i read said 24 hrs and then you are mostly back to normal. That certainly hasnt been the case for me (though i guess infection may have impacted). I ran 15 miles a week pre lets, now im knackered after a 30 min walk with the dog and i feel i need nana naps during the day!!
I hope it all recovers soon.

Hi
So just saw go,she took some swabs but in the mean time has put me on penicillin before deciding if I need to use another antibiotic so hopefully will sort it out :blush:

1 Like

That’s great, I hope they start working soon for you. I do now wish I’d have insisted as I’m really tired, achy and crampy. My body just doesn’t feel quite right but i don’t want to Keep bothering them. I’m supposed to be having a spa day and night away with my husband this weekend too x

Hi Emsyb
I would definitely give them another call tomorrow if you still don’t feel right,my gp said that the wiped out feeling is probably my body dealing with the infection,we know our bodies so I would contact them again,maybe even this afternoon so the antibiotics can kick in ready for your spa weekend :blush:

1 Like

Hi Emsyb

I’d be very careful as regards a spa weekend if you tend to be in a pool, hot tub or water etc so soon after a LLETZ due to the risk of infection. You’d normally need to wait to do that, so I’d check with your doctor. x

1 Like

Hi lilypingu
My nurse didn’t mention anything about a bath,how long do they suggest you wait?
Thanks

Hi Sunshine

Usually something like 4 weeks-no sex, tampons, swimming, baths etc. X

Hi lilypingu
That’s great,thank you :blush:

1 Like

Hi wjg
When you said you had a dragging pain on day 7 was it like a bad period pain? Mine feels like my insides want to fall out :woman_facepalming:t2:

Hi Sunshine, It was like a downward pushing…i dont really know how to explain it. Yes a bit like everything wanted to fall out!!:joy::joy: and then it went around to my back as well which was more of an ache.
That went quite quickly on the antibiotics so for me i think it was part of the infection.

Hi wjg
Thanks for the reply,the feeling has eased a little today thank goodness but still there so hoping the antibiotics sort that out quickly lol :woman_facepalming:t2::blush:

Hi Emsyb
Just checking in how are you feeling? I felt better yesterday but today the cramps and bleeding are back. Did anyone else experience pain a week after there lletz? :woman_facepalming:t2:

Hi ladies
The smell is normal and very unpleasant and the black bits are just little burnt l bits from the cauterisation after LLETZ to stop the bleeding. I did see nurse when I still had a snell after a couple of weeks and she did a swab to check for infection. It was ok but if in doubt see nurse and get antibiotics if needed. No sex, swimming or baths for 6 weeks I was told and I stuck to that. All healed up well. Just be alert for potential infection

1 Like