Watery discharge after Lletz

Hi guys,

I’m new to this site and just thought someone would be able to help me…

A routine smear came back with abnormal - moderate cells. I had to go into hospital where I had a biopsy. I got the results and was asked to go back for lletz treatment. When I went back, the doctor informed me I had CIN 1, he felt I should have them removed but gave me the option. He didn’t mention hpv. Considering I’d mentally prepared myself I didn’t see the point in not having it. They removed what was the size of a marble… I was fine afterwards, however a few days later I had my period which was heavier than normal - I just put this down to the treatment. Period finished and I’m finding that I’m leaking a watery discharge, even at night. It does have an odour, a bit like a period smell… I wouldn’t say it’s offensive but I can smell it and I just wondered if any one else has experienced this? My treatment was 8 days ago… thanks in advance

Hi :)

Yes, I went through about a week and a half of watery discharge. Like you say not an offensive smell but I knew it was there.

I had mine done exactly 2 weeks ago today and it does seem to have eased. I am now coming on, a week early.

I've seen a few people mention the watery discharge so I wouldn't worry unless the smell gets terrible x

Hi

I too had the watery discharge afterwards! I can't quite remember how long I had it for, but I remember having it. Like you both said, it doesn't smell awful but could tell it was there.

Just keep an eye on it and if it gets any worse just pop along to the docs and theyw ill sort you out :) xx

I had a coloposcopy carried out last Thursday and I was OK till Saturday  . I then got my period and it was heavy and a horrible smell that I have not noticed before . I keep having water blood it's a faint colour so I went to gp yesterday.  My stomach was swollen and he advised it might be a start of a infection.  He gave me antibiotics which I started yesterday. It's only been a week and I am sick of feeling wet and uncomfortable.  I am terrified that my results will come back with bad news. As anyone else had a infection after treatment?