Waiting is the hardest thing

Hi

I had an abnormal smear a year ago, went for a hysteroscopy and they took biopsies I think but said everything was fine, started having some irregular bleeding with some very large bleeds along with pain so had a smear just before Christmas and still waiting!! Been to see gynaecologist who has said I'm far too young at 42 to have cancer but wants to send me for a scan but he says could take months due to Covid...I'm just so anxious about all the symptoms and wondered if anyone else has waited this long for smear test results? 

Gosh, that really does appear to be such a long time. 

I have read stories on here of people buying test at home kits to get results far faster. I'm unsure on the price or their efficacy, but if its affordable for you, it could help to alleviate your fears?

Sending you hugs xx

Thanks for your reply...I maybe would've tried a home kit but they always have trouble with my cervix (opening very small)...think I will contact doctors today to see if they have any info xx

Update after phoning doctors who were lovely but it's the backlog from COVID that it's taking so long...so now just need to try and be patient!! Xx

Recieved a phone call today from doctors receptionist (heart skipped a beat) but says everything clear except possible infection but says the letter will be with me in a few days so a bit confused as to what to do next. Do I wait for my scan in about 10-12 weeks or contact the doctor?

Had a phone call today from the GP to ask if i'm still having pain in my stomach, said smear test was clear but also said I had HPV in a past smear which is why i'm on yearly smears. She was amazing and has said she will hurry my ultrasound scan along and generally made me feel at ease. Something quite strange tho is when I went for colposcopy in 2019 I recieved treatment which I can only describe as she put some liquid on my womb i think and said that should be it but doctor said on the notes she had it says no treatment given. 

Hi Diane, 

Sorry I haven't seen your replies sooner. My understanding is the liquid they put on our cervix during the colposcopy is to highlight any abnormal cells. If abnormal cells are seen, then the treatment of LLETZ or a punch biopsy often takes place. 

The other liquid some people get given is a kind of paste to help stop us bleeding. Potentially it could have been that you're thinking of? 

I'm so pleased to hear the gp is helping you push the scan forward. 

Note, I'm not medically trained, this is just info I've gained from this website over the last few weeks xx

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the information...just had word that my scan is the 23rd of April so will hopefully find out what's causing symptoms xx