Waiting still

hey just a quick question I had my smear nearly 4 weeks ago still no results is this a bad sign as my two friends both had there results back within 3 weeks I cannot stop worrying and I am thinking about nothing else :( 

Hi Aileen89,

I don't think it's unusual to be waiting a long time for results, particularly at the moment with delays due to covid. I can't imagine the delay has anything to do with the result, however as you are worried I would contact your GP to chase it up.

Best wishes,

Xx

Thank you for your reply I did ring them and they said it can take up to six weeks at the min I told her how worried and feeling and she said why they nurse has noted the cervix's looks good and healthy but ovb that's not always the case xx 

1. Thank you for your reply I did ring them and they said it can take up to six weeks at the min I told her how worried and feeling and she said why they nurse has noted the cervix's looks good and healthy but ovb that's not always the case xx 

My results are back lol worried but I don't no what to think they came back hvp postive but not abnormal cells were found and to re test in one year ... is leaving it a whole year okay am worried they will miss something and I don't no how to feel about the hvp I didn't have this on my last two smears ... ? any advice would be great full xx

Hey, glad you received your results. There is nothing to be done at the moment. You have hpv but no abnormal cells, that is good news. Hopefully your body will clear out the virus, fingers crossed. You will go back in a year and they will rest again. There is nothing to be done apart from be as healthy as possible x

Please try to not worry.
I think it is standard procedure to wait a year if you were positive for HPV but no abnormal change. I had low grade changes and HPV last year and I was still told that they would test me a year later which I had done nearly 4 weeks ago and still waiting for the results.