Waiting for results...

Hi everyone

I had my colposcopy done on 12th October and had lletz at the same time. The consultant told me my results would be back in 4-6wks.
I wondered how long other people have waited and what their results were…is it a case of no new or long wait means better results?

Shireen x

Hey Hun, I'm on day 6 since lletz done.  I was told 7-10 days if it's not good news.  nurses did say no news is good news.  I think this is probably right in the majority of cases.  If it has to go before a board prior then this may delay bad news.   

Hi Shireen,

I had my LLETZ and was told to expect a letter in 4-6 weeks. 

The letter came a week later asking me to attend the hospital - bad news came last week.

I would think if your results are slower there is less likely a chance of bad news!

Good Luck! Xx

Hi Shireen,

I was also told 4 weeks...It's been 2 days. And i cannot cope with the wait already , I'm scared when my phone rings or my post is delivered :(

I was told 4-6 weeks but got my letter 3 weeks after. 

Hi Camilla

sorry to hear you got bad news last week. May be a silly question but how are you feeling? Do you have a good support network in place to help you? X

Hi Katie888

i know the wait is horrible and it's doing my head in. did you have lletz? how did it go? x

how were your results? x

Hiya Shireen 

I did yes for cin2/3. Ive had symptoms for 18 months so convinced its bad news...i feel sick when the post comes or my phone rings :( Monday will be a week and i feel like i will be on the verge next week...ive had so many exams and scans over this time i just hope if its bad its not big becusae they'd have seen it surely. im legit going crazy!

I know exactly what you mean! The first week i handled well as I thought it was unlikely I would get them back but as it's getting longer the wait is worse as I think it could be any time now :( x

I had cin 3 and they got it all. back in 6 months for a test for cure, so I'm going to enjoy these 6 months nervous free because I know I'll be so anxious when I go for that and have to wait again. X