Waiting for results and repeat lletz

Hi. I had my lletz on Friday which wasn’t the best experience by a long way.
I was wondering roughly how long results come back after. I am based in the UK. Everything so far has been really fast from smear on 9th June, coploscopy on 28th and lletz on 2nd July. I am hoping results come through soon as I am already worrying about having another lletz!

I’ve been told that letter was sent to me yesterday, which was 4 weeks exactly from when I had my LLETZ procedure.

1 Like

That’s useful to know but a long time to worry! Thank you for sharing.

You might get a different letter in the meantime which is nothing to worry about. They write to your GP to tell you what they’ve done, and send a c.c. to you. Mine said results to be discussed at MDT, which if you Google it comes up with cancer treatment as the top result. Nothing to worry about though, it’s just multi-disciplinary team that discusses all these cases including the ones where the results are all clear.

Just in case you get it, Google, and have a little bit of a freakout.

Thanks for the heads up! I think the waiting part is the worst bit and I know I’ve been fortunate in that I’ve been seen very quickly!

I had my smear in April, 2 weeks later I had them results and then 2 weeks after that I was at the hospital for my colonoscopy and LLETZ. I was told the results would be 4 weeks, but it was actually 6 weeks before I had the results!

I agree the waiting is the worst but, I kinda got to the stage of not hearing anything it must be ok, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case, and I have got to have a further procedure tomorrow, which they scheduled for a week later which is great but I feel they have not dealt with it the right way and I have a lot of unanswered questions which I’m hoping to get answers tomorrow.

Fingers crossed your results come back fine

Thank you for your reply. Sorry that you have to have further treatment. Agree with the way that things are dealt with as it seems to cause lots of anxiety and confusion which is often avoidable if people are correctly informed.
Hope you get some answers to your questions.