Waiting for LLETZ results is agony.

Hi, everyone, just thought I would post and see if there is anyone else feeling like the world has stopped and it cant continue until. you have those results back. I know it is irrational but i am going through every scenario i can possibly think of.

It has been a roller coaster over the last 2 weeks had my smear test and within 2 weeks got an urgent appointment letter to have a colposcopy and LLETZ treatment as i had abnormal cells ( dyskaryosis) still don’t know what severity though.

The staff nurses were fantastic but wish I had asked more questions but was in such a state.

The treatment was uncomfortable but not really painful as I had the local anesthetic, it is more the unknown that is the worry

Hope to get the results back soon 4 weeks they said but it is agonising. However I have got great comfort from the posts on the forum, so good luck everyone.

Kerry

Hi, I had high grade dyskaryosis cin3 from biopsies taken at my colposcopy they said 4 weeksmall for the results but I was so worried I kept calling and they told me the results were in within 2 weeks and told me over the phone cin3. I'm due to get lletz tmro and just come on! Can't believe it I'm not heady at all but not sure if I can still have it done. X

Hi, I would phone them and tell them that you are not bleeding heavy. I am not sure if they will postpone it.

I can imagine you just want it over with like i did.  I know how you feel the waiting is the most difficult part and I got seen really quickly ( not sure if  thats a good thing.

Please let me know if you get to have it done and how you are. The procedure was not that bad just a little uncomfortable.

The forum might have a thread about it if you do a search.

Fingers crossed xxx

They usually advise you to come in for treatment even if your are due your period or on your period. 

They do here in Ireland anyway. 

I was due the day I had biopsy and lletz done in one go.. Oddly period never appeared.. Just the post lletz dark brown discharge some fresh red spotting on day 3 and now it's actually black and gritty .  

Hi, Jaqui

hope you are ok. I am still waiting for the beefing just got a watery orange discharge, sorry for the detail.

I hope you don't have to wait to long Katie 

fingers crossed keep in touch 

xxxx 

I'm with you on the waiting. It's awful. I'm 2 weeks and 1 day post LLETZ and wondering if I can start calling the clinic everyday now.

I just keep telling myself no news is good news (they wouldn't put bad news in a letter right?) I jump every time the phone rings, I'm totally stressed out, can't concentrate and I'm being totally irrational. I nearly quit my job.

It's the not knowing that is the worst and everyone saying oh it'll be ok. Then if the results come back ok everyone will say see you were worrying over nothing with no realisation that you've been to hell and back. So either way I'm not sure how I'm going to feel when the results do come back!

Hi, Nat thanks for posting at least we can speak to each other as I feel that unless you are going through it, then it's really hard for people to understand. 

I also am being so irrational about it but I just can't help it.

it had only been 5 days and its all I can think about, it doesn't help that I'm off work as well.

it might not do any harm to ring up and ask about your results. 

did it take long from your smear test to actually getting the LLETZ treatment? 

Keep in touch 

kerry x

Hi Kerry 

I got my smear results on a Thursday and they performed the LLETZ the following Monday. It all happened very fast. The consultant couldn't stop the bleeding after my LLETZ and asked for my results to be put on a 2 week turn around which really worried me. It's all a bit of a blur. He definitely spoke about hysterectomy but I couldn't teLl you in what context or why. My mum had cervical cancer when she was my age and while there isn't supposend to be a genetic link, when I asked he did say they couldn't rule out that they would find a link one day. Honestly my consultant did nothing to put my mind at rest!

Hi, Nat 

I am so sorry  the consultant didnt explain things to you more.  I feel that I should of asked more questions as the consultant maentioned by cells were abnormal outside and inside, I just sat there nodding and not saying anything. I was in such a state.

I have heard a lot on te forums also saying thst there isnt a genetic link. I am never off his site now trying to find out as much as I can and process it all.

I hope you hear back soon and the results are positive.

Keep positive I know it is hard, I feel the same

Kerry x

I have just had a lletz performed today whilst under general, the nurse didn't tell me much ( wish I asked more) but she said they performed the Lletz and dr took more biopsies? I kind of thought that the cells they removed where the biopsie? How common is it that the Lletz results come back diff to colposcopy biopsie? I have severe cin3 I also rang colposcopy unit every day to find out if my results where back they were lovely and new who I was by the end of the 2 weeks haha 

hope everyone is okay! I'm 24 and so glad I went for my first smear in Feb! It's been an awfull few weeks as no  in my family has been through this! 

X

well I am a week post LLETZ it has been a long week, feeling a lot better but not enjoying not having a bath and wearing bloody pads.

Trying to keep positive and not to worry but it is difficult.

hope everyone else is doing well after treatment or if you are waiting fircyreatment that you are not worrying as it is not as bad as what I thought it was going to be

Kerry xx

Hi Kerry, it's 12 days post Lletz here. 

Discharge now is sparse.. Some brownish red or yellow on wiping.  Not needed pads just liners in a week. 

The fatigue though is awful. I'm so tired!  I'm also anxiously waiting on the results and they told me here it would be up to 6 weeks!!! 

I've had a bit of itching down below..  Is that normal?