Waiting for lletz results, finding it hard to concentrate (children mentioned)

Hi ladies,

I received an abnormal smear result last week (after waiting two months!) high grade dyskaryosis, all of my previous smears have been normal so this was a massive shock. I was booked in for a coloscopy the following Monday. Leading up to the appointment I was a complete mess emotionally didn’t deal with it very well at all from the smear results, terrified they would find something serious at my coloscopy and crying everytime I looked at my sons.

The appointment came round fast, I was a dithering wreck going in to the room where the colocscopist explained she was going to have an in depth look at my cervix and removed the abnormal area via lletz if she could see the area. She did the procedure (whilst explaining to a student doctor what she was doing) and said she would do the treatment as the area showed up clearly when she put that iodine solution on. Any ladies that have this lletz procedure coming up, please try not to worry yourself, It was uncomfortable but bearable and was over within 5-10 mins (just make sure to take someone with you though, it helps enormously)

The colocscopist didn’t really give anything away I didn’t even know what grade I was from the smear test, it all happened so fast, she said hopefully that’s all the treatment you need then it will be a 6 month smear, then back to 3 years. your results should be back within 4 weeks.

I went home happy that whatever it was has been removed. But these last few days are really getting me down, I didn’t feel reassured and all I keep thinking about is the results being bad :frowning: the waiting is so hard and it’s only been 5 days!! I feel all this anxiety and worry of it all has taken over my life and affected me emotionally, mentally, physically!

Sorry to moan! Just hoping to get some answers soon!

I think all you ladies on Jo’s trust are amazing!!

Claire xx

Hi, Claire 

i can totally empathise with you as I feel exactly the same I am just over 2 weeks post LLETZ and I am also struggling to focus at work and have been really emotional.

i also have no idea what grade or severity the abnosl cells where as I didn't ask as it was all so overwhelming. 

Pleae try and keep positive this forum is so supportive and it has given me great comfort st times

big hugs Kerry 

I'm exactly the same. I had my Lletz on Tuesday. I'm constantly googling about every small symptom etc.

My consultant said it looked advanced but at the time I just thought pre-cancerous but now I've had time to think I'm totally past myself. 

Ive have two small girls 2&3 and I need to see them grow up!!! 

I just don't understand how it's slow growing and gone from nothing to this in 3 years. 

I hope everything is ok for you, keep us updated. 

Emma xxx

Hi i was the same as you all clear up to date smears until march where my result too came back severe diskaryosis. I had LLETZ and biopsy 5 days after receiving my smear results. i was exactly like you petrified from recieving the abnormal smear, was a wreck at colposcopy too. All i can say is try not  to worry , its very hard not too especially when you have children i was the same. If they said to you that should be all the treatment you need and they will see you in 6 months try and reassure yourself with this as this is what i was told and my biopsy came back CIN2 with follow up in 6 months. My results were back after 2 weeks and they let ne pick them up from the hospital rather than wait for the post. Try and keep busy and stay away from google. Good luck xxx

Hi i was the same as you all clear up to date smears until march where my result too came back severe diskaryosis. I had LLETZ and biopsy 5 days after receiving my smear results. i was exactly like you petrified from recieving the abnormal smear, was a wreck at colposcopy too. All i can say is try not  to worry , its very hard not too especially when you have children i was the same. If they said to you that should be all the treatment you need and they will see you in 6 months try and reassure yourself with this as this is what i was told and my biopsy  came back CIN2 with follow up in 6 months. My results were back after 2 weeks and they let ne pick them up from the hospital rather than wait for the post. Try and keep busy and stay away from google. Good luck xxx

I felt exactly the same as you guys this time last week and it was horrible waiting for the results. When they came and they were pre-cancerous I was so relieved. I really hope your results are good too. I think the advice on not googling is wise. You are bound to be worried but remember they have a really good programme to treat people now. I am sending you a big hug and my best wishes. X

Ditto to all the above it is all quite overwhelming. I didn't realise it would be.  Its hard to talk to anyone else about it either which is why I'm glad I found you all

im a 29 year old mother of 2 i had my routine smear in april this year, recieved my results in the post friday the 13th of may. was just told a referral for the colposcopy clinic was needed doctor was adamant i didnt miss it but wouldnt explain any more than that, had my appointment in the clinic the 2nd of june, colposcopy nurse explained my smear showed cin2. had my colposcopy and biopsy, straight away she told me it was cin3 judging by the amount of changes to my cervix (white patches) anyway 6 weeks later get my results just confirmed it was definitely cin3 and that an appointment for lletz would soon follow. ended up getting a call as some one had cancelled, had my lletz done the 18th of august i was in quite a bit of pain as the anaesthetic didnt fully work but i got through it bleeding on and off since, 2morro is 6 weeks i rang the clinic for results only to be told that theirs a delay with my results ao hav to wait longer. has this happened anyone else? also i should add im waitin on lap to determine endo aswel because of break through bleeding, painful intercourse followed by bleeding