Waiting for gynae appointment- suspected recurrence

Hi all,

I’m waiting for a gynaecology appointment on a 2-week referral. Had CC 1b in 2013 and had all-clear ever since. Last clear test a year ago. Trying to stay positive, but now I have all the symptoms: bleeding lots for weeks, back pain, swelling and tingling in legs, and weird pain to right of groin, where lymph nodes would have been… I haven’t told anyone as don’t want to worry them. I know some people here have been through a recurrence and come out the other end, so that gives me hope.

Just a shout-out to everyone on here, it’s not good times that have brought us to this forum!..

Hi Consuelo,

I don’t want to read and run. I’m sorry that you’re dealing w this again after many years of being clear. I just want to send you much love and big hugs and support.

I’m only 5 weeks post treatment for stage 3b with chemorads.

Did you have radical hysterectomy on your first Cc treatment? If yes then you can still have chemorads as treatment course this time around, but it will all depend on where the cancer is IF ever it has returned.
I’ve read some really positive recurrence stories on here. There is always hope.

So sorry to hear this dreadful worry for you Consuelo. If you had the all clear in 2013 that’s 9 years ago, and you would be considered cured by now. I hope it’s not a recurrence but something else - the main thing is that you get the best help and treatment and - if it is cancer and you had a radical hysterectomy (which it sounds like you did) then you will be able to have chemo and radiotherapy, which is highly effective. Hope your gynae appointment comes quickly and you can start on the road to recovery. X

Thank you both. I should have specified I had a radical trachelectomy back in 2013 (only cervix removed), got away with that and no chemo or radiotherapy. Does that change things?

May - good luck with everything :blush: and thank you for not reading and running!

1 Like

Thank you Consuelo, as Jacks said let’s hope it’s not recurrence but if ever it is then you can still have the chemo radiation route which a lot of us ladies have had and been treated successfully. Please keep us posted. Much love.xx

1 Like

Sending good wishes and positivity your way.

Hi Consuelo, Did you get your appointment?