Wait after mri

Hi i had my mri yesterday and the lady told me as i was leaving that it would be 2 weeks before i weould hear anything. Im just wondering if thats the avarage waiting time because i think 2 weeks is going to drive me mad.
Thanks

Waiting is just the worst thing ever.  I called my macmillan nurse a couple of days after the MRI and she was able to chase it up and put my mind at rest.  Worth giving them a call - mine was brilliant, i would often call up worrying about one thing or another.

Good luck xx

Hi

waiting is the worst!!! I'm so impatient when it comes to waiting for results. One thing I learned through my whole journey is to totally stop yourself the minute any thoughts come into your head, don't give yourself the opportunity to think about it. Instantly get up or change rooms or pick up a book, watch a movie. And my favourite just start cleaning a drawer or cupboard. 

Good luck. 

Hi

Sorry to hear you are having a worrying time. As the others have said, yes waiting for results is a horrible time. I think wait times vary, I had my MRI on a monday and on the wednesday they were discussing my results in the oncology MDT and rang me up straight afterwards to tell me my probable/most likely treatment plan. I then had to wait 2 weeks to see the oncology team to go through my treatment plan in detail. I really appreciated that they took the time to ring and tell me so i didnt have to wait till the appointment. So as Dolly said it probably is worth chasing up. The MRI radiologist told me that it usually takes 2 weeks to get results and i said ' no way! i have cancer and they have an MDT on wednesday', she double checked and said yes thats fine, they will get it for wednesday!.

sending hope and hugs xxx

Thank everyone. I dont have a macmillan nurse yet where i live i was told they are to busy and i only get one when i have a plan and stage i hope i will hear something next week. Ive had a few moment since having it done where i start to panic and wonder what if. I think im good at calming myself back down but as time goes on i think it will be harder. Ive bought myself lots of arts and crafty bits to try and keep my mind off it. Fingers crossed i wont wait to long x

Arts and crafty bits are the best distraction! Enjoy creating! :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli