Varied results now cin2

Hi sorry if this is a long one. Back in 2014 I had my first smear which showed borderline with hpv. I had colposcopy and she said I looked like very low grade and my immune system show clear it up. Well I was supposed to go for a follow up a year later however I fell pregnant and couldn’t go. So sept 2016 I had another smear which showed high grade changes. At colposcopy she said it didn’t look high grade but took biopsy, came back inconclusive. So I had to wait another three month for repeat smear and and biopsy had this done, smear was low grade and they said biopsy was cin1 but they said because of the difference in results from last time to now they would have a meeting to discuss. Which I was told low grade go back in 6 month time. However I received a letter yesterday saying after discussion the results are showing cin2 and I have to go back in may to discuss options/treatment. So confused. Is it bad that the results have gone from cin1 to cin2 in the space of 2 year why did they say it was cin1 this time when it’s actually cin2, could it be worse?? My mind is all over the place and now more waiting till may!! Thanks

Hi lovely, 

I had three YEARLY smears which I paid privately in the Bupa and this year my nhs routine three year came and pick up cin2. So I wouldn't worry about that. I know how awful the wait is I've had a very stressed time since the smear result in October after 4 weeks waiting then to have more tests before having treatment and finally results to say all cells were taken last week. If they are not calling you urgently then I would try to be relaxed. These abnormal cell changes are so common and sadly I isn't realize that and had a near to mental breakdown but actually this is the purpose of having smears. i had treatment called Lletz so in may they will probably just want to see if they need to treat or not as my nurse wasn't sure either and I went from low grade to doesnt look like anything to hang omg cin2 despite my yearly smears showing nothing AT ALL. st least this is picked up and can be treated xxx