Update on me - pelvic exenteration

Hi ladies
Just to let you all know the operation went ahead on the 13th. It’s been the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. After the initial plain wore off I had a day last week of pretty much crying but I’ve been much more positive the last couple of days so hopefully I’ve turned a corner. I’m not sure that it’s sunk in that I’ll have two stomas forever but if they save my life I’ll be grateful for them.
I’m due some results on Monday to show the margins so fingers crossed for those. I’m expecting to be discharged Tuesday…looking forward to a nights sleep!
I’ll keep my head high,
Cara xxxx

You are one very brave lady Cara! I love the expression ...if life throws you lemons then make lemonade, and that's exactly what you are doing. I hope the pain soon fades and you can begin to adjust to what lies ahead. Keep us posted as you have been so amazingly positive. Wishing you all the best in the world with your recovery. Big hug xx

Hi Cara I am so glad it has all gone well for you you are so brave. I am not surprised you have been crying you have been through hell and then some. I really hope and pray you will continue to recover and you will get great news on Monday You are a Champion Cara let us know how you get on I will have everything crossed for you. Massive Hugs to you xx

Hi Cara

Glad to hear the operation went well, the way you are feeling is quite normal, you have been through such a lot and a big operation. I have had my 2 stomas for nearly 10 years, please contact me if I can be of any help to you.

Hope you get home soon, take care 

Lots of love Julie xx

Hi Cara:

I am so glad you checked in with us! And soooo glad that your op went ahead. I know you were anxious about whether they could do it.

Home on Tuesday? What a treat! Back in your own bed, with your own things around you.  Ahhhhhh.

I have everything crossed that Monday's results are good.

Feel better soon sweetie.

love t xxx

Hi Cara :-)

I am so pleased for you that this went ahead as you hoped and that you have Julie on your side with her ten years of experience. Just wanted to wish you all the very best for a happy return to your home and a very long happy and healthy life ahead.

(((((HUGS)))))
Tivoli

Thanks so much for your words of support and encouragement. It means a lot. 

I've no doubt I'll get there eventuall, just got to take it one day at a time.

Love Cara xxx

Cara

have tried  twrice to reply to your PM, it won't send so will contact site administrator tomorrow 

Julie xx

No problem Julie. Technology can be so frustrating at times!

Thanks for letting me know.

Cara xxx

Hi Cara,

Glad to hear you're doing well. Only one day of crying is impressive! You have such a positive attitude to something that is unthinkably difficult. Good luck for your results tomorrow.

Hi Cara

You are amazingly brave! I am relieved that they could do the surgery. We will be all thinking about you on Monday for your results!

Have a lovely return home, it will be nice to be in your own place after your hospital stay. I am sure your family can't wait to bundle you up! 

Always here for you.

Rosie xx

I'm rooting for you Cara! Hope you get discharged soon and recover well at home. It's a big operation so don't push your body too hard okay. One day at a time honey. Praying for good results for you tomorrow. 

Just to let you know the doctors were happy with the margins they got so I won't need further treatment. indont know how I would have managed that so I'm happy I don't have to deal with chemo on top of recovery.

Thanks again for all your support. 

Cara xxxx

Great news Cara. Good luck with your recovery. xx

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's THE best news! Now you can concentrate on recovery. Still planning on going home tomorrow? 

love t xxxxx

I am so happy to read this news about your margins!!!

Rosie xx

Brilliant! So pleased!
xxxxx
Tivoli

Thanks everyone :)

My lovely surgeon said I was doing amazingly well, a little too well so hopefully we won't have too many setbacks along the road. 

I'm just waiting to be discharged....could be a few hours as they're waiting for my prescription. 

The two hour drive could be fun considering I can't sit down due to stitches..ouch!

Cara xxxx

I take it you'll be lying across the back seat then? Take it easy and enjoy the view :-)

xxxxx
Tivoli

Fabulous news! Have pillows and a blankie in the back seat so you can stretch out and get comfortable. Make sure the doors are locked; you don't want to shoot out if you go round a roundabout! That would be the icing on the cake.

How nice to be going home! I hope you have plenty of people to wait on you hand and foot. 

Take care

love t xxx