Unclear diagnosis.

Hi I recently had a lletz procedure done after my smear brought up high grade severe dyskarsosis, weeks passed by with no news at all, when I got a call from the hospital saying I had to go in to discuss my results, a couple of days later I got a letter saying all precancerous cells had been removed, however when I went to the hospital for my appointment the doctor literally said he didn’t know if I had cancer or not?
He said something about cutting cake, and that basically they couldnt tell if the abnormalities went through to the basement membrane?
I completely shut down in there as I was so angry.
He offered me three choices, lletz again, lletz again but asleep, or a hysterectomy.
All these seem very drastic when my letter says that the cells was removed?
I didnt deal well with my first lletz procedure, and even with the anastecic i found it torture. The doctor told me when I had it done it basically wasnt that bad, yet at this appointment he said the opposite, he said it was definitely cin3 if not worse?
I’m not going to lie, I was so angry that they couldnt give me an answer, had anyone else had this?
I don’t want to keep having LLETZ done and not getting an answer, but I also don’t want surgery if its not that, then on top the extra smears and risk of it returning…

Probably shpuld mention, I already have 2 children both girls 10 & 4.
Also Im 30, didn’t plan on having morechildren but not sure I’d never not want any

Any help would be massively appreciated as at the moment I’m just confused

Thanks in advance
Jac x

Hi,

I can’t really help but didn’t want to read and run. From my experience 2 rounds of Lletz they just arnt sure what they have found in the cervical canal! Well hellloooo please can you find out!
I don’t know if sometimes it’s just not black and white and that’s why they can’t tell us, is so frustrating more than anything.

And I understand where your coming from I have 3 children and no plans for anymore but after my last Lletz the nurse said I wouldn’t be able to carry another child! I was floored, it’s that they have taken that choice away from you but then after a long hard talk to myself it’s better than cc x

1 Like

All the way through they have said nothing to worry about and then I get a letter saying I need to go back.

I’ve just decided to try and look at the positives and I’m not alone there’s loads of us, there’s so many more positive story’s