Unable to do brachy

Hi Dreamland,

Good to hear from you! Thank you so much. From what ive been told the tumour has gone so this last bit is just an extra boost to make sure they get all/any microscopic bits that could be left. It was a nuisance as i wanted to get the brachy done and out the way this week. But to be honest im quite glad i dont have to go through that experience again. It wasnt very nice haha. I can cope better with the external stuff!

How are you doing? All good i hope xxx

1 Like

This all sounds very positive. One last push to see it off for good! I’m good, thank you. Sending massive hugs. Xx

1 Like

Hi Amy

I was with different hospitals at different stages of the process so had a few different nurses. All were lovely and very helpful, especially after my surgery.

I don’t have any contact now though…no calls or anything. But if I felt I needed to, I know I could give either of my current 2 nurses a call. xxx

1 Like

Thanks Dreamland, Im glad your doing well xxx

1 Like

That’s good then, good to know you have some support from them if you need it.

Hope you enjoy the Easter weekend xxx

1 Like

Hi Amyr17
I did have same problem the first time round and they offered me more radiotherapy or another go at brachy. I had another go at brachy,as painful as it was which worked second time round. Still waiting on mri and ct to see if it has got rid of final piece of tumour. If i hadn’t taken second brachy,they said i could have another 10 rounds of radiotherapy. Hope that helps and hope you get on ok
Xxx

Hi Ronaldess,

Thank you for replying. Im glad they managed to get the brachy sorted for you the second time thats great.

Unfortunately because ive had a hysterectomy already the applicator cant get through the scar tissue as its a different type to the one used for women who haven’t had a hysterectomy. So i havent got a choice i have to do the extra 10 external sessions :roll_eyes: the scar tissue is just 1cm to big! How annoying! But never mind round 26 starts tomorrow hahah. Soon be over with.

Good luck with the mri and ct results. Hope all goes well xxx

Hiya.
Bless ya another 25😱 Hope it goes quick for you and not too many of those pesky side effect’s. And hope it get’s that last bit. I got a date for my mri,May 2nd,so a few anxious week’s to wait☹
All the best with it all
Xx

1 Like

Hi,

No sorry ive only got another 10 ive already done 25. I dont think i could cope with another 5 weeks haha.

Thats good that you’ve got a date but yeah i can imagine the wait isnt going to be much fun! Have you got anything you can do to take your mind off it for a while? Xxx

Hiya all you lovely ladies.
I’ve just had results from scan and having had cc stage4 with lung mets,i have been given the all clear​:+1::slightly_smiling_face: Amazing new’s for me,my family and friends.
To burst my bubble i still have a problem with my kidney caused by brachytherapy,but got app with consultant next week and still got a few other side effects from treatment. Pain mainly.
But for the next few day’s i will take in and enjoy my new’s🙂
I know there are a lot of you suffering out there,but it can and does work,you just have 2 be strong,positive,i am proof of that.
Keep smiling out there people xxxxxx

12 Likes

Massive hugs! Im absolutely thrilled for you xx

1 Like

Oh I am so chuffed for you. Well done and congratulations!! That is truly awesome news xxx

Incredible news, Ronaldess! You did it, you amazing woman! Let’s hope the kidney issues settle down soon, along with the side effects. It’s not nice to be in pain, but I’m so relieved for you that the cancer has gone! Amazing! X :tada::partying_face:

That is amazing news!! So pleased for you! Well done you xx