Two years to the date I got diagnosed

Well today marks two years to the date I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. I thought my world was ending the words ”you have cervical cancer” echoes in my head every day despite being NED. Deferring from uni was heart ranching too I was angry that this horrible disease had stopped me from my studies to prove to myself I can do it.
But today I can say that I have stood up to cancer and finally celebrating my graduation day ( a year later).
Thank you to beautiful family who treated me to flowers from next who are supporting Jo’s cervical cancer trust.

Congratulations on your graduation! And on kicking your cancers arse xxx

Hi lovely That's great news!! And congrats that's amazing you've accomplished that after everything! You must be so proud of yourself and I hope your going to celebrate! I graduate this week from a foundation degree but have had to put my full degree on hold I've been diagnosed 1b1 and am due to meet with consultants on Tuesday to discuss a RH lymph nodes removal and tubes but to leave my ovaries. I just really don't want it. Can I ask what your recovery was like? If you have any issues after and how you feel now? And if you had any other treatments offered? Sorry for all the questions x

Massive congrats, 

Love when you ladies come back to update with such positive stories. Only at the start of my treatment so it gives me hope. 
xx Maria

Fantastic news ! Well done for graduating and kicking cancer’s butt too ! Xx

Mrsdp, please don't worry about the amount of questions you are asking, it's a daunting time there are still questions I wished I'd asked when I was first diagnosed. My treatment was RH with ovaries and lymph nodes removed I had open surgery which was as slow recovery initially due to being restricted it took me up to week five when I started feeling more human. Going back to work was the hardest as I had a lot of issues with them which actually knocked me right back, plus it was the like the flood gates had opened and all the emotions I had managed to hold back came out when I was told I was NED and needed no further treatments. I'm on hrt and take a low dose antidepressant. I'm now on six monthly check ups. I still have good and bad days but I have submerged myself with uni, photography and creative writing as well as looking after a family and working. I hope that has answered some of your questions please don't hesitate to message me if you have any other concerns. Good luck with treatment I will be thinking of you.xx

Thank you xx

Thank you and good luck with your treatment.xx

Thank you.xx

So pleased for you chuck!

xx