Treatment responses

Hi Ladies

I hope everyone is doing ok.

I had a better appointment following my second post treatment scan which showed a “good ongoing Treatment response” for which I am grateful as the previous one seemed to show residual tumour. I was so grateful for this that I kind of took it and ran without asking for more of an explanation of what this means. Everyone else at this stage seems to be NED or getting complete response results and wondered if anyone has had the same or knows what this might mean? I’m having some left groin/ lower abdomen discomfort, not pain more like a pulling almost itchy pokey feeling which is worrying me too and my mind is running wild, Thank you for reading I would be most grateful of any similar experiences xx

Hello W W :-)

It's been ages since I've been around here and I'm just catching up. I have no personal experience of the situation you are in but I have every faith that the doctors who are treating you know what they are doing and will do their very best for you.

That is to say that if they think you are at any risk at all they will take the matter in hand, and if they think you are on a normal path they will watch and wait.

I hope that helps, I wish I could say or do more. Sending hugs

(((((HUGS)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi Tivoli

Lovely to see you back on here and hope you are keeping well.

Thank you for your reassuring and grounded reply (as always). You are right and I do have a lot of trust in them, I keep getting myself in a twist thinking that google and my new found knowledge of oncology knows best. A PET scan was mentioned as a possibility after the next MRI and I feel terrified of what it might find and feel like I’m living a constant waiting game at the moment along with new aches and twinges am driving myself mad. The mental side of this is really no fun at all. Thank you again xx

Hi Lilypingu

Thank you for your reply, The waiting is awful isn’t it and hope your appointment will bring you good news.

My next scan is in May and then will see the consultant again early June and it’s hard not to get bogged down waiting.

I hope you doing ok otherwise, your first scan was early wasn’t it, mine was at about 12 weeks post treatment then just repeated. They said to me at the last appointment that “changes” can show up on the MRI scan in the first 6 months after treatment and cells can continue to change? Not really sure what it means but was so relieved of any hope that it wasn’t cancer think I cut myself a bit short in the appointment and didn’t ask enough questions. I have read lots of ladies having similar situations but I have worked myself up into a worry with it .... again and associating every niggle as the cancer now xx

Thanks Lilypingu for your kind reply, I’m glad you sound very well and I generally do too just more conscious of every ache and pain now, I guess we are still quiet early days and I need to try and continue to be patient - something I’m not very good at! Xx

Hi weeping willow. 

Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing.   Is the waiting manageable?    Like you I didn’t ask many questions at all in my last consultation. I just took my mildly positive news and ran :).  I think I was partly too scared to ask so I also have no idea what the tumour is like now.   Sometimes I want to know everything and then other times I want to be blissfully ignorant and pretend it’s not there   

Lilypingu, all the best for your appointment with your consultant.  Hopefully the later scan will have been enough time to show the positive effects of the treatment 

fingers crossed for all of us :) x 

Hi Zoltan

I hope you are doing ok :) The waiting is a worry and have to try and stop my mind racing ahead, this lovely sunshine definitely helps though. I think our next scans will be around the same time x

Hello Weeping Willow,

Mindfulness is a wonderful way to push those nagging thoughts about “is it back- is it worse “ Every cold, cough, ache and pain I feel will cause me to think too much about it. 

I practice mindfulness too, I’m a Theravada Buddhist, and walking Meditation helps me the most. I’m new here, still figuring out the forums and posting, I’m so grateful to have found this site. 

Feel better soon!