Treatment, but not been told anything more.

In June I had my colposcopy and punch biopsy, the consultant said that the area was so small she didn't think I'd need treatment. On Monday I received a letter saying I had CIN and needed treatment. I don't know if it's 1,2 or 3, or what treatment I'll be receiving, which is frustrating, especially as the number they gave me for any questions just rings out. Is this normal? Or should I have been given more information than this? The accompanying letter was just confirming my appointment in August  To say I'm nervous is an understatement, and although googling is helpful, it also isn't if that makes sense? Could honestly cry 

Hi,

im in a similar situatioN. Received a letter after biopsy saying CIN3 and will need treatement. No idea what this treatment will be although I’m assuming either lletz or cone biopsy according to online. 

I imagine they’ll be a consultation if some sorts before the treatment is done where we will be told more although I’d be nice to know more now as to mentally prepare ourselves. I will be giving my doctors a call on Monday for more info as they’ll have been sent a copy the letter we have been sent and will hopefully known more. Perhaps ask your doctor for a call back if you can’t get through to the hospital that sent you the letter

mine is also in suggest and it’s put my mind at rest a little bit that it’s not being done right away as clearly they mustn’t thing it’s too serious otherwise it’d be an urgent appointment surely? I don’t know.

gope you get some more answers soon x 

Hi ladies Laughingsame situation with me it's very annoying but hopefully we will have our treatment and then that will be the last of it as I don't know about you but I'm mentally worn out by all of the waiting around for results and now treatment so think a nice treat is in order afterwards 

Thanks ladies, my gp surgery was no use, kept telling me to call the hospital, and the big day is tomorrow afternoon. I do remember her saying at the colposcopy that it was such a small section of abnormal cells, she was surprised I wasn't just told to come back for a smear in 6 months. I'm not looking forward to the local in my cervix, you'd think after 2 caesereans I'd have no fear lol. 

It turned out that I had CIN3, but just in a very small area. The treatment was no worse than having the colposcopy, actually, I'd say it was easier as the the punch biopsy is awful. I didnt really feel the local going in at all, the adrenaline makes your heart flutter but nothing more  The most ubcomfy part was the speculum going in. I was a little surprised that it was CIN 3 but feeling more relaxed now.