Diagnosed with CIN 2 but not offered any treatment. Confused and worried! - Children Mentioned

Hello all,

Some advice, and hopefully some reassurance, is needed as I'm worried sick. I am 24, with 2 small children. I had my first smear back in March which came back as abnormal. I then had a colposcopy and biopsy on the 19 May and the consultant said 'It isn't cancer like your smear results had suggested'. I have chased the results for over 2 months and have still not been unable to speak to the consultant. Instead I have spoken to a couple of nurses who have both said I have CIN 2. The lastest phone call I made resulted in them saying that I was CIN 2 but didn't need treatment at the moment, and to go back in 6 months for another smear and colposcopy. Everywhere I have read states that you require treatment if you have CIN 2. I don't think I can withstand another 6 months or worrying and 'what if's'. The lack of communication and information provided is also concerning. Has this happened to anybody else? Thank you in advance for any help/advice given xXx

Hello,

I'm really sorry you're going through this, especially with a young family to care for too. I can understand you being worried about them saying they'll see you in 6 motnhs if you have CIN 2, it doesn't sound right to me at all. I'd suggest going to see your GP and asking for a second opinion with another doctor or at another hospital. Iknow they'll often leave CIN 1 to see if the cells return to normal but this is less likely with CIN 2. 

Do you have a GP who is easy to talk to?

All the best x