Trachelectomy tomorrow

Hi

My radical trachelectomy is tomorrow and I can’t not help but feel extremely anxious and scared about it. I’m worried that they may find something else there during the op. Im trying to stay positive but I’m finding it very hard at the moment.

Positive thoughts sent your way. Ill probably be having one of those soon too so let me know how you get on. How long is procedure? Just think youre in the right place, being looked after my professionals. I went for my bladder/bowel op today under GA & was kaking myself but all went well no spread so far & still stage 1b1. MRI/CT scans tomorrow. Positive thoughts & you'll be looking back soon saying i had cancer instead of ive got it. Good luck. Xx

Hi chloe

im pleased to hear that there no spread so far and I hope that the MRI and CT scans go well tomorrow. My consultant said that the op can take up to 8 hours as its key hole and they will be taking my lymph nodes away at the same time to be tested to make sure they are clear, even tho they told me the MRI looked fine. thank your for the support too, I'll def let u know how it all goes. Can't help but feel worried and anxious about it all. please let me know how u get on and thanks again. 

xx

Hi Jojo, I know exactly how you feel because that was me in Feb 2015. I had never had an op of any kind and was terrified! Plus, like you I kept thinking they would find spread. 

I have to say that the op was nowhere near as bad as expected. I didn't have any pain (apart from some gas pain in my shoulders) and I felt very ready to go home after 3 nights in hospital. 

My op took 6.5 hours and was also done via keyhole. 

My top tip is to get family to bring some peppermint tea in for you as this helps with gas pain. My earplugs and eyemask were also essential! 

Finally, I know it's really hard, but try and think positive and focus on one step at a time. The likely hood of there being any spread after all of your tests is very small.  I was 1b1 and after my trach there was no evidence of disease in what they removed, it turns out they had gotten it all in the Lletz. 

i wish you all the best of luck tomorrow.

let us know how you get on xxxx

Good luck tomorrow. I was so scared before my hysterectomy and I won't lie, I was super scared the morning of, but once I got going it was easier. There's so much going on with nurses/doctors coming in and out, taking temps, putting in an IV etc etc that before you know it, you're drifting off. Two seconds later you wake up and it's all over.

Check in when you can so that we can hear all about it. Drink buckets of water, it really  helps with the constipation and bladder stuff.

Chloesimone: Good luck with the CT scan and the MRI tomorrow. Keep us posted.

love t x

Hi Jojo,

Wishing you all the best for your op. No doubt you will wake feeling a bit ropey, but I hope that passes quickly and it's not too long before you are back on here telling us how your recovery is going :-)

(((((HUGS)))))

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hope it all goes well sweetie. Much love xxx

Hi guys

thank u all so much for ur support. I'm back home now after my op on tue. Operation took 8 and half hours, my husband was climbing the walls, but the consultant called him to let him know it all went well and there were no Complications, (thank god). Post op Iv just been feeling really tried all the time. Been having lots of naps but also trying to move about when I can. I was in some pain when I woke up but they gave me a patient controlled pain pump which worked a treat. Right now I'm in some mild discomfort but nothing a few paracetamol and Ibprofen can't fix. They sent me home with a catheter which is not the most pleasent thing  the world and I'm back to the hospital wednesday have that removed. next appointment with my consultant is next Monday to discuss the biopsy results. 

The whole process was not half as bad as I thought it was going to be. Thank u again for the support. 

Chole I hope everything went well last week. Xxx 

You're back home!  Yay!!! That's great news. So glad it went well and that it was a tiny bit better than you had expected; that's always nice.

Sleep, nap, rest and drink loads of water. Take it very easy. No rushing around up and down stairs. Do not pick up anything heavier than 5lbs. Let people wait on you and just focus on getting better.  You'll feel a ton better when that catheter comes out. Bowels take a good several days to get going so don't worry if you haven't been to the loo. Figs, prunes, light stool softener, peppermint tea - just keep at it and you'll be fine. Tiny walks around your house and garden  if you feel like it. I basically just flopped around like a seal for a good 10 days and watched Netflix. There is major healing going on inside so do not over do it. 

Enjoy your own bed!

love t x