To LEEP or Not?!?

Hi Ladies,
In 2017 I had my first LEEP for CIN 3 High grade.
Now for the past 2 Colposcopy visits the results have come back: “Rare atypical squamous cells, cannot rule out HSIL (ASC-H)”
My dr is leaving it up to me to get a 2nd LEEP in December, or wait 6 months and go back to test again to get a confirmed sample of cancerous cells? She said it is up to me and both options are good. Can this go away on its own? She also said these things are slow evolving, however with it being deeper up in my cervix, my fear is that maybe they missed some from the first LEEP and it is growing from that?

Sorry, I am not well versed in all of this and kinda torn as I may want another child and last pregnancy my cervix was extremely short and I had to be closely monitored, so another LEEP I am sure won’t help that.

Hi there, I’m sorry I’m so late to your post! What ended up happening with your situation?

Hi @Shy_Magpie It came back positive HSIL margins, so I am going back in June (6 months post leep) for another pap to see if it detects the HSIL again I guess.

Apparently there are chances that even if there is HSIL positive margins, the deep can burn and kill remaining that outlined? Not quite sure, haven’t heard from women on how this worked for them and what the odds are.