Tiredness after Lletz

Hi Ladies - I had my Lletz procedure 8 days ago and I’m feeling totally wiped out! Just wondered if anyone else has suffered like this. I’m really anxious about the results, and I think I may have 6 weeks to wait, so I’m sure the constant worrying doesn’t help much. After the surgery, done under local anaesthetic, I was told the procedure had gone really well (high risk cells with HPV) but she couldn’t rule anything out at this stage and I’d just have to wait and see. Since then, I’ve been beside myself with worry, but this fatigue is really debilitating. I don’t think I’ve got an infection and the bleeding has only just started. 

Sept 2018 abnormal pap result. Low grade cells with HPV.  

October 2018: first colposcopy and biopsy. Results normal. Told to wait and see next year..

Sept 2019: Abnormal pap result. Severe changes, high risk with HPV

October 2019:  second colposcopy.  Lletz attempted but she “couldn’t get at it” so was referred to MDT meeting. 

December 19th 2019:  MDT meeting took place but not informed of results until 

January 18th: received a letter with appointment for Lletz (again). 

February 3rd 2020:  was told that the team confirmed the cells are high risk and must be removed. This time the Lletz was carried out and the procedure went well. Told it will be 6 weeks before results and I will be informed by letter. 

Hi

Do not underestimate the emotional and mental stress this procedure puts us through. I think it is this that causes the exhaustion rather than the physical trauma. The longer it drags on the more stress you are under. I see from your story that from your severe smear until your lletz took 5 months. That is a long time and a lot of worry. No wonder you are knackered!

I felt exhausted after mine too but only for a couple of days. However, for me the timescale from smear result to lletz was 13 days and then another 10 days for my results. Much less time to worry and therefore a quicker mental recovery.

Be kind to yourself and have lots of treats. 
Jx