Exhaustion after LLETZ

I had LLETZ under local on Wed 22 Jul.  I took the day off work, as well as Thu, Fri & the weekend, & I expected to be fine for work on Monday, but I have to be on my feet & maintain a fast pace of work for a full 8 hour shift & I simply couldn't keep up - to be honest just an hour of standing completely drained me.  I then experienced a noticeable increase in bleeding that afternoon that cleared up again later that night.  Has anyone else had to return to a physically demanding job after this treatment?  And how long did it take for your energy levels to return to normal?  I can't afford to keep taking time off work, but knowing I can't maintain the pace & am creating more work for my collegues is making me anxious to go back.  Thanks.

Hiya

I'm 11 days post lletz and I'm actually between (office) jobs at the moment but doing a lot of nannying (10/11 hour days) which involves lots of lifting children / buggies / bags etc and I'm finding I'm much more exhausted than I usually would be. I think if you're struggling then perhaps it's worth going to the GP and getting signed off work? If this experience has taught me anything it's that health is so important! Do listen to your body and look after yourself. If you're signed off by a doctor then you really don't need to worry about the workload on your colleagues as you're perfectly entitled to be at home. I hope you feel better soon xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

Hi I'm sorry to hear you are struggling after the Lletz.

I am having Lletz on Thursday morning for high grade CGIN and I am really nervous.

I am off for the rest of Thursday and Friday but scheduled back in work Saturday morning for 4.5 hours but this can mainly consist of sitting as I'm a veterinary receptionist. Then off again Sunday and back to normal next week 9-5 mon - fri etc. 

Really hoping I'm ok and don't miss too much work as I don't get sick pay. I was also off last week with an awful stomach bug which is typical! 

Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi Sophie, thanks for letting me know that you're also finding it hard - I really didn't expect it to be like this, & am wishing that I had found this site before my colposcopy & LLETZ as I probably would have been more prepared & much less stressed!  Unfortunately I can't afford to take much more time off work, or I definitely would, I also take my health very seriously now - this has been a huge wake up call for me.  All the best with your results, I know for me the waiting is absolutely the hardest part *hug*

Hi Bunny Girl, try not to worry about the LLETZ, I think you will find it is no worse than the colposcopy or a smear, I didn't feel anything more than a slight sensation of heat when they removed my lesion, as long as you remain relaxed it will be absolutely fine :)  It is great that you will be able to ease yourself back into work with a smaller shift, & then have another rest day before going back to longer hours - I am okay when I can sit down alot through the day, it is only because I have to be very active & fast paced at work that I am struggling so much.  *hug* try not to worry about it & to go in as relaxed & positive as you can.

Hi Eliora,

I found it really exhausting last time (had LLETZ over Christmas) I think both a combination of the surgery, and my body rushing to repair itself, and the mental drain of the constant worrying. Take it easy on yourself and only do what you REALLY have to for a few weeks. Coming round to this second time around, it really makes me realise that there is so much more to life and its important to put your body (and mind!) first. 

x

Hi Suzy, thank you for the support *hug*.  I really put myself through the wringer stressing myself out after getting my biopsy results (a close friends mother passing from cancer during that time probably didn't help), & after my LLETZ the relief of having the bad cells removed was so intense I felt completely empty & totally blank - all the emotional stress was gone & as it had obviously thoroughly consumed me there was nothing left once it wasn't there anymore :D  I guess it didn't occur to me that the treatment itself would put stress on my body, & I was unrealistic in thinking that I could just go back to normal like nothing had even happened, but still, the doctors really didn't prepare me for how draining the proceedure would actually be, & since they know I have an active job I feel that I should have been warned.

I have seen a few of your posts & know that you are stuck playing the waiting game - I still have the dreaded HPV in my system so even if they got all the bad stuff out I know it may just come back again.  I am trying to be healthy & keep myself from stressing while waiting for this lot of results, it sure would be alot easier if there wasn't so much endless waiting wouldn't it!  All the best, I will be following your story, along with so many others, & hoping for a great outcome for you all.  Take good care of yourself *hug*

For anyone else who has a highly active job - I went back to work after another relaxing weekend & when I returned to work yesterday (11days after LLETZ) I found that my energy levels had finally pretty much returned to normal.  Phew!