Timeline for bleeding, experiences please?

So I had my (2nd) LLETZ procedure last Thursday morning (its now Monday, so 4 days on), so far I have had only very little discharge and occasionally its been red but not at all like a period. I’ve managed so far with just wearing light pantyliners, not big pads. Am I being lulled into a false sense of security here, is it going to get worse before it gets better (completely disappears)? I read somewhere that around day 10 is the worst? What have your experiences been please?

Hello, I’ve only had one LLETZ so don’t want to take my experience as a blueprint for yours but have to say I experienced very little bleeding!

If it helps at all my time line went something like this: absolutely nothing for 3-5 days, but probably a bit of very very faint brown watery discharge every now and again when I wiped. About a week after my procedure I had red but not period red, it was kind of pinkish-red but wasn’t coming out of me like a period would. Again it was only really there when I wiped. I was wearing panty liners and sometimes there’d be a tiny bit of pinky-red on those but the majority of the time it only leaked out of my when I went for a wee. I’d say this continued from about day 7/8 until day 15/16.

I then had no discharge at all at around the two and a half week mark and that was apparently it for me! I’m coming up for 5 weeks post-LLETZ and have had nothing. After my biopsy (which I had about 6-7 weeks before my LLETZ) sex caused me to bleed a little but I fortunately didn’t have that this time.

At three and a half weeks I risked no longer going to bed wearing knickers. Honestly I wasted so many pads and liners because I didn’t know what to expect and I was changing them even if there was nothing on them as I was worried about infection.

I didn’t even get anything resembling clots but I know some women do. I think it’s one of those things where they can offer guidance about what could happen but there isn’t a universal experience. My sister bleed (according to her) “constantly” for 5-6 weeks when she had LLETZ about a decade ago.

1 Like