Thoughts please

Hi. I had CIN 3 / HPV diagnosed in November 2014. I had a Lletz under GA on the 2nd December followed by an emergency re-admission and a further Lletz under GA following severe bleeding due to a mixture of infection and blood thinning medication I have to take for another long term condition.

This was followed by another clear smear in June 2015 at which point I was put back to 3 year smears, so I am not due again until June 2018.

Problem is, I am bleeding very small amounts after sex and am just a little concerned. I am also waiting for the results of a scan on my back as I have had chronic lower back pain for over 12 months.

Is it wise to go and see the doctor now or wait for the scan results at the end of the month first? I am sure the two are not connected, but given my history coupled with an already damaged immune system I am just a tad worried.

Thank you in advance

xx

Please push for a follow up smear.  I was put back on 3 yearly smears 3.5 years ago. Almost 2 years ago (my last relationship) I bled after sex. Went to clinic for smear. They wouldn't do it as I wasn't due one. Went to nurse and she wouldn't do it either. Fast forward two years I bled at my smear and then results came back abnormal.  Not trying to scare you but another year and a half is a bluddy long time to wait if there's something wrong down there xx

Yes, push for another smear, I was on 3 yearly checks and a year before I was due I began bleeding after sex, spotting through out month and just 'knew' something wasn't right.

I only had to mention this to my GP and she immediately took me to treatment room and performed a smear. 

I then went on to have 2 LLETZ treatments And now waiting on more biopsy results. 

You know your body and if you feel something isn't quite right then push for your smear, although if gp has any wit they will smear you right away if you're having symptoms.

Good luck xx

Thank you both.  I have an appointment next week xx