Test of Cure

So next weeks I will have my follow up at the Hospital for my test of cure after have Lletz last July for Cin 3.........keeping everything crossed.

tashie 

Hi Tashie, I just recently had my test of cure last week, following LLETZ to remove CIN3 in September (my first ever smear!) Unfortunately, the margins were unclear so I'm feeling nervous about the smear results.

Just wondered if you had a colopscopy or a regular smear on your test of cure? I just had a regular smear at the GP with a nurse, and was told they'd check for HPV and that's it (I am in the new trial area). If HPV was found (last year it was high risk HPV) then they would check my cells, but if my body had managed to clear the HPV they would not be checking my cells. This made me panic so much. I personally feel that they should always check my cells after CIN3  (unclear margins) as the damage has already been caused, despite whether I have HPV still or not.

What is your view on this and how was your test of cure process? I am still awaiting results. Hope yours have been ok xx