Symptoms, Smear, and freaking out!!

Hello ladies,
I’m new here. About 4 years ago I had a cervical screening and it came back that I was HPV positive and had pre cancerous cells. I had LLETZ treatment done which was successful and all clear. About 4 or 5 months ago, I noticed some changes in my discharge, that it was sort of pinkish in colour. I’ve since then been bleeding more heavily than usual on my period, bleeding between periods, there’s a metallic (cooper-ish) odour to the blood, it’s painful during and after sex with bleeding, lower back pain and lower tummy pain constantly. I’ve just been for more tests and another cervical screening and now awaiting my results. I’m completely freaking out!!! All the symptoms are there. Am I over thinking this or should I be worried? Thank you all.

Xxx

Hi Candib
I am in a similar situation,I had a lletz done in September for cgin and am due check up in March,I too have experienced some discharge and pain but gp doesn’t seem concerned so will just wait untill my check up,it would be good to know how you get on with the results,I just keep telling myself that at least we’ve had smears and checks so if anything sinister is there it hasn’t been there too long undetected xx

2 Likes

Hi Candi,

That sounds like my symptoms, is it possible, Get a smear test ASAP, the sooner you catch it the better. Just to give you confidence, I had stage 3B and am now in remission.

Sam xx

1 Like

Hello ladies…
Just a quick update. I’ve had one of my swab results back today and it tested positive for BV, which I’ve always struggled with as I have very delicate lady bits :blush:. I am now on a course of antibiotics to treat that. My doctor claims that it is most likely the cause of my symptoms. It’s not!!! I’ve had BV enough times to know that it’s not that. I’ve never had these symptoms from BV before. And I’ve gone back over my timeline and realised that these symptoms started back in March last year and have been getting progressively worse. My tummy pain today has been absolutely awful. I really hope I get some answers soon. Good or bad, I just want to know so it can be treated and I can get better. I should also mention that I have RA and Fibromyalgia so my immune system and nervous systems are both shot to hell. So any illness I get is heightened and just makes me feel like I’ve been hit by a bullet train. Thanks for your support lovely ladies :hugs: x

2 Likes

Hi lovely, thank you for responding. I’ve had a smear in the last 3 days and am now just waiting for the results. X

1 Like

Hi Candib
Keep us posted and let us know how you get on xx

1 Like

Hi Candib
Just checking in to see if you had had any results yet? Xx

Hi lovely
Thanks for checking in. I haven’t had any results back yet. Still waiting. The wait is absolutely awful. It’s so stressful. I’ll update my post as soon as I hear anything.
Thanks again lovely xx

1 Like

Ahhh no problems,hope your feeling a little bit better ,will keep my fingers crossed for a good update from you xx

Just a quick update. So I’m just about finished my course of antibiotics for suspected BV. I got my hopes up when a few of my symptoms looked like they were clearing up, but no such luck, I started to bleed again this morning :weary: not my usual period. I’m getting more an more anxious everyday while waiting for my smear results. I try to stop myself thinking the worst, but it’s hard. I lost my Mum to cancer when I was 11 years old. My Mum was 29 when she passed away. It’s a fear I’ve lived with almost my entire life, that one day I’ll have cancer like she did, that maybe it’s just my genetics. I’ve also had skin cancer 5 times. I’m so stressed out atm. I just want some answers good or bad :weary: thanks ladies. Sending hugs x

Hi Candib
Oh no,I don’t have any answers good or bad but just to say I’m thinking of you and pray the results will be what you want to hear,my symptoms have also settled for the time being but know they will reoccur soon :pensive:,hope for a positive post from you soon and sending hugs xx

Thank you so much lovely. Sending hugs x

I received a letter today saying that I was HPV negative. So basically that’s all they’ve checked me for to see if I have HPV? They haven’t actually checked for any cell changes? I’m so confused. They’ve not taking into account any of my symptoms. They said because I’m HPV negative I’m low risk. Then why do I still have these symptoms? The nurse who did my smear actually said I had a lesion on my cervix that she should see. Have they missed something? Should I ring them and ask for further investigation. I feel so lost, I don’t know what to do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated ladies. Thank you so much x

Hi Candib
Just a check in to see how things are going? I’ve still had symptoms on and off and still awaiting my letter for 6 month check up :pensive: hope all going okay xx