Support

So got my results from the biopsy, all a bit of a blur but I think the consultant stated higher stage 3.

Mri and ct scan coming up in the next 2 weeks. 

They spoke about chemo and radio therapy. 

I'm not sure what to think really. How effective is treatment? 

So sorry you are in this position, but happy you've found this wonderful community.

You've had a biopsy , and they said stage 3? Or grade3? Or Cin3? Terminology can be quite confusing. 

My stage was not determined by the biopsy, they found cin3 in my first biopsy and cancerous cells in my second biopsy.

I then had an internal investigation, they checked my vagina and rectum manually to feel how big the tumor was. I was first quoted stage 1b3 .

I then got an mri and was staged 2b because the tumor had slightly invaded my parametrium.

I got my final stage after all the scans were done.

I had to undergo chemo , radiation and brachytherapy which is standard treatment for stages 2 and up. 

Treatment is very successful. There are loads off ladies cured from cervical cancer.

I hope you'll find as much support and comfort here as I did when I found this place

Hugs, you got this!!

Hi thank you for your kind words. 

I'm pretty sure they said stage 3 but I could of got that completely wrong. Cervix and neck of the womb were mentioned and surgery not an option. 

I guess from what you have shared that more will be found out from the Mri and ct. 

Really scary tine and  Feeling alone I guess is normal. 

Thank you 

We can al relate to the fears and feeling alone but it will get better. Once you have a treatment plan you will feel better.

Surgery is only performed when a tumor is smaller then 4 cm, anything over 4 cm or growing outside of the cervix into surrounding tissue is treated with chemo and radiation

Treatment is rough but you may find it is do-able. I was so scared before I started my treatment, so scared of beeing violently ill and having to suffer from side effects, but I have not been sick once. I didn't suffer from nausea, and did not have any side effects from radiation treatment either

Now this Is different for everybody, we all react differently but i found it mentally rough but other then that I had no issues. I managed to take care of my baby girl throughout.

I hope this somewhat eases your mind a bit, we've all been where you are and it sucks, but it will get better 

Hi,

Glad you've found this site. It has been a lifesaver for me since I was diagnosed. Just to say that I was diagnosed as 1b2 and my treatment was mostly the same as people diagnosed as late stage 3. I just didn't want you thinking your treatment will be much more severe because of your stage. As Izzy said, everyone handles treatment differently but I also found it less severe than I thought it was going to be. I did suffer from nausea but was never physically sick. I also managed to drive to hospital for every one of my treatments, even on the long chemo days (something I didn't think I'd be able to do). I did find the three weeks after I finished treatment really tough but that may have been due to an infection that was found when I ended up in A&E. It's not a walk in the park but once your treatment starts it passes quickly. We have had some lovely positive stories this week alone from 4 of us girls who have just had clear 3 and 6 month scans. So in answer to your question, I do think the treatment is quite effective. Throw any questions at us and we will help if we possibly can. You can do this! X Maria

1 Like

Hello xxHHxx

I'm in a similar boat to you. Recently diagnosed with CC, but I am still undergoing the staging process and no-one has said anything to me about what stage the CC might be at or anything about possible treatments. Consequently, I've been doing lots of online reading to prepare and, as Memagh has said, the treatment seems to be the same regardless of what stage the CC is at. Like you, I'm very worried about everything and the not knowing is the worst bit, in a way. I've been advised by my friend that it's best to get your body as strong and healthy as possible before you start treatment. That's what she did and she's convinced it's what made her treatments go fairly smoothly, with few side-effects. So I'm trying to improve my diet and do regular exercise. It is very scary and everyone is saying I will be fine, but it's hard to stop my mind wandering towards "worst case scenario". I hope everything goes well for you - good luck.

KM x

Xxhhxx and kittens mittens, so sorry you ladies found yourself in this position but u definitely found a great site with wonderful support, with ladies who have been there done that and have no problem answering questions. Treatment is definitely doable, like Izzy said it's definitely more a emotional thing than anything else, so make sure to have a support system behind you (friends and family)  be easy on yourself and before you know it treatment will be a distant memory.wishing you ladies well and feel free to ask any questions or just have a rant if you need to.

Welkome KittensMittens, sorry to meet you under these circumstances. I think the advice to get yourself in the best condition is excellent. Your body will be going through the wringer, so the fitter you are, the better.

Also, I found small things such as choosing to walk, eating healthy, and actually doing something for my health gave me a bit of my power and controll of the situation. I felt so scared and out of controll, this and the contact I had with other ladies who had gone or were going through the same thing were a life saver. It kept me from going bat**** crazy.

I have heard earing healthier and exercising is a good start. 

I'm in a lot of lower back pain is that normal. 

I'm also feeli gpain on most othe parts of my body, not sure if it's all in my head. 

My heart goes out to you st this point as the waiting is the worst - it really is. Be kind to yourself and definitely look after yourself to help your body as much as you can. Once you have had your scans and you know your plan it will be easier to deal with.

know that we all know what it’s like overall though of course everyone’s experience is their own. You will and can get through it. Be kind to yourself in the meantime and ask about anything you are worried about as someone will always be able to support you. Big hugs xxx

Yes backache seems to be really common as one of the symptoms and by no means is this a sign that it's really bad. 

And yes, those other pains and aches are really normal too, you are so focussed on your body right now, and the tension and stress are.sky high, all very normal 

So silly question give up smoking? Will be hard I know.

I'm slowly coming  To terms with it all my mind is a bit clearer today and going to work had helped. 

Kittens mittens I hope you get your answers soon  

Thnk you all for your advise and kind words. 

Give up smoking today. It will be hard  but there are studies that show smoking can cause cervical cancer. I used to be a smoker but I quit 7 years ago.

When I asked my doctor if there was anything I could do to improve my chances she said quit smoking if  you are a smoker.

I know quitting is really stressfull but please do. You can do it!

Done! They are in the bin!

Thank you

You are amazing! You got this too!

Not smoking didn't quite work today. But having just 3 is a whole lot better right !!? aiming for zero by Monday.

You're doing fantastic! You should be proud of yourself!

Xxhh, trying is a great start, keep up the good work and be proud of yourself 

Another question for you all  

Is trouble going to the toilet and being a bit blocked a common problem? 

During treatment? Or before? If you're experiencing it now it might be stress, try a stool softener they really help. I don't know if you guys have the brands colace or miralax but those two work well