Struggling with it all

Is anybody else struggling with keeping everything normal. I was diagnosed in July and have a biopsy scheduled for the end of the week. Should be the last thing before a full hysterectomy.
But I am struggling with keeping the day to day routine going. I go to work, come home, cook, clean, play with my 2 1/2 year old Grandson. Put him to bed. Etc just carry with normal life. When all I really want to do is curl up in bed and just rest and focus on myself.

2 Likes

Hi @Eigna

There is no right way or wrong way of mentally
Dealing with the physical and mental impact of cancer.

You need to do what is going to keep Your mental health in a good place. If that is not keeping up the normal life an activities that is okay.

Iā€™ve managed to keep my ā€˜normal lifeā€™ going for 2 months and now? Now I am just plain exhausted. I am signing myself off work come Monday and going to be solely focusing on myself.

I am planning to have open and honest conversation with friends and family about what I want my life to look like going forward

Just know you are not alone x

3 Likes

Thank you thats sound advice. I started a new job just before all of this. So signing myself off isnā€™t an option for me. Although they have been very supportive. Ive already been told I wont get paid for the time im off recovering from the hysterectomy. So I need to keep going as long as I can.
I am glad I found this forum. I feel much better knowing i am not alone.

1 Like

Hi Eigna

Macmillan offer advice about work and finances for cancer patients:

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/impacts-of-cancer/money-finance-and-insurance

x

1 Like

Thank you. I will have a look.

1 Like

Sorry u find urself in this club. Which ever way u tackle this shitty time in ur life,there is no ā€œrightā€ way,but please do it YOUR way. If u want a day by urself,have one or even two and when u want company or someone to talk to then do it. People do want to help u,but sometimes it can over powering. Do try and keep urself busy or as normal as u like. And donā€™t forget there are benifits u can claim as and when u are having to be off work. Donā€™t be affraid to ask and donā€™t be to proud do go on benifits like i was. I missed out on alot of money,also u can claim ur travel costs back if u use bus,taxi or petrol if u use ur car or somebody elses. Check it out,it will be one less expense if u have to be off work without pay.
Good luck with everything xx