Stressing waiting on results

Okay so I think I need someone to calm me down. 

I got a hpv smear in November 2019 with no abnormal cells. And they said to go back for another smear in a year , which I did. To which they found moderate dyskaryosis.  

I was referred for a colposcopy in December but due to having unprotected sex before the letter came I had to wait for my next period before they could complete lletz. The doctor told me she couldn't see cancer but there was an area that needed treated as she could see the same as what the smear came back as (high grade) 

So I had lletz one week ago with no problems. She said it still looks the same. And has removed it. I've gone home pretty positive. But now I'm waiting on results I've started to panic. 

Would the doctor be able to see cancer?? She never said it definatly wasn't so could there be a chance?? 

Why are some people given biopsies before treatment. I was offered treatment straight away?? Does this mean its worse. 

Why did I go from no cell changes to cin3 in 6 months. Im honestly so stressed. I work in a hospital so being surrounded by sick people all day is.making me even worse. I'm worried about the results coming back too soon (bad news??) Too late (incase it's causing more damage) . I'm normally pretty positive but this has really scared me and its on my mind 24/7. I'm even dreaming about it. 

Please someone give me something positive to think about  

Hey! You're not alone in how you're feeling, I think most people go through this, I definitely did! 

I had my results from my lletz on Monday and they were clear margins and CIN2. I convinced myself that I would be given bad news, even though the doctor said 'no evidence of cancer' - I thought there's still a chance.

I also didn't have a biopsy and had the treatment straight away and that's completely normal so please don't worry about that. Hindsight is amazing and I now realise how bad my worrying was. It's hard because I don't think anyone or anything can make you feel better apart from the results, it does get easier with time so try and be patient. 

I received my results 3.5 weeks after my lletz (I was chasing twice a week!). Chances are you are absolutely fine, but our minds are so powerful and they tell us it's bad news and play tricks on us! 

try and keep busy! X

Hi,

I am no expert but I had my colposcopy appointment and told they would do the LLETZ treatment straight away as my smear showed high grade severe dyskaryosis.

Unfortunately they found the area was too large and decided to take biopsies instead and I'm scheduled to have the LLETZ performed by a consultant on Friday.

I would say it's really positive they were able to treat on the day! That was definitely the intention with me but sadly not possible. 

Stay positive and I hope the wait is over for you soon x