Stories of fast progression of dyskaryosis (children mentioned)

hi, so I am 31 and had a HPV positive screen 2 years ago with a pregnancy preventing my one year recall screen and so now iv been tested immediately after having my 2nd child and told I am still HPV positive and have now developed high grade severe dyskaryosis having previously had no abnormalities. 

My results took 4 weeks to come back from screening but I have been booked in for colposcopy within a week of receiving results. This scared me How quick it was. 

I am hoping for some reassurance about the fast progression to high grade from no abnormality in two years. do any of you have similar stories? Is this common? And what were your outcomes

I have been being treated for irregular bleeding since my baby with antibiotics as we thought it could be retained placenta (like my first child’s labour) but I’m wondering now if it’s linked to this diagnosis. Who knows at this point?

Once you receive the letter saying those words ‘severe dyskaryosis‘ you just immediately start looking at your life and your children thinking the worst- will I see them grow up. What stupid minds we have sometimes to see the worst in a situation when we are quite capable of being positive if we choose to be!! so I am trying to draw on some strength in others to set my mind right for my upcoming colposcopy. Please help With positive stories or reassure me it’s not that uncommon to develop high grade with no progression. 

To start things off I am going to state the obvious positives in this situation...i attended my screening- that in itself is a massive positive! I’m being seen quickly, the chances of cancer are so so slim. I have the option to take action and remove bad cells. 

if you have other positive ways to stay calm in your wait for treatment and results please share! I would be vwry grateful. 

Colposcopy due on 12/7/18, the day after my son turns 3

It's all good! The test has done what the test is supposed to and picked up.pre cancerous cells before they turn cancerous. They are now going to be removed,  so the speed with which they got there doesn't really matter. They would have mattered  a great deal  if you had left it too long and not gone for screening but you didn't. 

So I would relax, have your treatment, and relax, except for attending future follow up.of course :)

Good luck,

Karen  x

Thanks karen (petesdragon). Nice to know someone Read my post. I work for the NHS in medical research so should Not react so easily but much harder to not do when it’s yourself and not others! But you are right in that it doesn’t matter how long it took, I have now found out and taking action! I hadn’t allowed myself to think of it that way! I Appreciate your sensible and logical response, especially with what it looks like you have been going through. You must be a remarkable person having gone through that and coming out out the other side. Good luck to you also 

katie x 

Yon are going to be just fine, but yes it's different when it's you. I have a PhD in shared decision making so I can get be quite practical about other people's decisions! It reminds me of a joke I once heard:

Question: :"What's the definition of a minor operation?"

Answer: " One that somebody else is having".

Karen x 

Love it :) humour is essential medicine right now