High grade (severe) dyskaryosis & HPV positive

Hi everyone,
I am brand new to this forum, but I’m so pleased it exists as I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed but at the same time, a little in disbelief.

I had a cervical screening test just after I got married in 2017. The results came back ‘HPV positive and borderline abnormal cell changes’ so I was referred to Colposcopy, had a biopsy taken and the results said no further action was needed. Brilliant!
Since then I went on to have 2 healthy pregnancies and 2 beautiful children.

My most recent cervical screening test was due whilst I was pregnant with my youngest child. As soon as I had given birth I booked in for my cervical screening as I know how important this is. My nurse told me I had to be 12 weeks postpartum, so I waited. Went for the screening and my results came back last week as ‘HPV positive & high grade (severe) dyskaryosis‘ so again I have been referred for colposcopy which is booked in for tomorrow.
I am a lot more nervous this time around with having 2 little ones and my health just seeming to be a lot more important.
Also with the results sounding so scary and the thought of having HPV for the past 4 years :frowning: If the virus has lived in my body attacking my cells for this long, should I be prepared for bad news? Or is this a common thing?
I was also sent a leaflet about LEEP so I’m guessing that my abnormal cells will have to be removed tomorrow at my colposcopy?

When googling symptoms of cervical cancer as you do, thinking the worst the only symptoms I have are a painful pelvis. But this could be down to 2 pregnancies and still recovering from giving birth 6 months ago.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read. Any advice would be much appreciated :blush:

Hello… I have the same result as you and just 4 months post partum as well. I happened to have my colposcopy scheduled tomorrow as well. This will be my first time and they gave me the same leaflet as yours. I am hoping that if they feel they need to take the cells out they will take them right then and there, maybe that is why they have given the leaflet. I certainly feel the same as you. My previous smear last year showed hpv and no cell changes. It is just scary how the progress of the change is so fast. Sorry if I didn’t give you much info… Goodluck to us tomorrow.

1 Like

Aww it’s so nice to hear that somebody else is feeling the same and I’m not going crazy!
It’s just a little scary isn’t it?
So strange that we’re booked in for the same day, you’ll definitely have to let me know how you get on. Hopefully we’ll both just be able to get rid of the abnormal cells and be done with it!
We got this!!:star_struck:
All my love and support to you! And congratulations on your little bubba aswell🥰xxx

1 Like

Hi, I had the same result as you on my latest smear test. I had my colposcopy last Monday and had LLetz (same as leep) whilst I was there. I really get how nerve wracking it is - but I think the waiting and the thoughts of “what if” are the worst part of it all!

I feel calmer now I’ve had the procedure even though I’m now waiting on the results, than I was waiting the week to have my colposcopy! Really hope your colposcopys go ok!

2 Likes

Yes you’re totally right! The waiting is terrible! Hopefully I’ll get some answers tomorrow. It’s definitely the not knowing isn’t it.
Ahhhh glad you had the cells removed lovely and fingers crossed for you that that’s it now and everything’s okay xx

Will definitely update tom…i am just focusing on my baby to keep my mind off this. It hits differently when you are a mum and have little people counting on you. Godbless!

1 Like

It really does doesn’t it? I’m sure everything will be fine. I’ll update tomorrow also :blush: thanks for chatting x

1 Like

I am currently waiting for the doctor… It is 30 min already passed my appointment…and it is just killing me. :disappointed_relieved:

Aw hun do you mean you’re still waiting to have the colposcopy or you’ve had it done and have to wait for doctor?
Hope you’re alright darling, all my love x

1 Like

Hello Soph… I have just got it done and I had the LEEP… It is all the waiting for the result of the biopsy now which they said after after 28 days. :crossed_fingers: Hopefully it will be good. How did your appointment go?

1 Like

Hi darling, I’m glad it’s all done now. Everything crossed that the biopsy is all clear lovely. Well done you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you’re treating yourself now! You’ve been through a lot this morning!
How did the LEEP go? Are you feeling ok?
My appointment is this afternoon at 2:45 hun I’ll keep you posted x

I thought it would be painful when they put the anesthesia in but I didn’t feel anything at all… the same when they started the procedure.thank you Lord. I just have a bit of shakiness afterwards but just immediately wean off and I was able to go home right away afterwards. I am at home now and relieved that it was all done. All the best to your procedure later. You got this too!! :pray::facepunch:

1 Like

Oh that’s brilliant news!! I’m glad you’re feeling okay and it wasn’t too bad. I’m in the hospital waiting room now shaking like a leaf. Just want this done :sob: eee come on Soph positive attitude!!:muscle:t2:

1 Like

I am sorry I just read your post. You must be done now. Hope everything went well Soph. Godbless! :heart:

1 Like

Hi lovely yes all done now and home with my boys :blue_heart:
The colposcopy confirmed I had high grade pre cancerous cells so they did the LEEP procedure today to remove those cells. I’m just feeling sick and sore now. But onwards and upwards as it’s done now. Just waiting for result of biopsy like yourself :heart: positive thoughts xxx

1 Like

Yes… We are on our way to recovery and healing! I haave 2 areas of high grade and some areas of low grade but she said she took them all out. All the best lovely…rest well and take it easy with the boys for now. Let us update each other every now and then. Hugs!!! :heart:

Thank you lovely! Yesss we certainly are. Proud of us today. Now we can focus on our gorgeous babies whilst waiting for results. I’d love to keep in touch it’s always lovely to have a support network. Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience❤️ All the very very best x

1 Like

Hello soph… Hope you are doing well… Any news yet? I am starting to get scared now… Still waiting xxx

Hello lovely I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to respond I just haven’t checked this page for a while. I got my results in a letter saying that they were happy for me to just go for another check up cervical screening test in 6 months time. It’s hard to know how to feel isn’t it? Obviously they removed the CIN3 but not knowing whether it will just come back is just crap. It’s just a lot of unknown I think. Have you heard anything yet?xxxx

1 Like

Hello soph…it is nice to hear from you… I am glad that the first phase for us is looking good. I had a letter three days ago telling me to have a rescreen after 6 months and it was CIN2… (PRAISE GOD) it was succchh a tremendous relief for me! You are right what comes next is another thing. I hope all goes well for us. You take care and I pray for an all clear for us in 6months time dear! :heart::heart::heart: