High grade - severe

Hello

I was hoping someone could offer some advice. In August 2017 I had my last smear and was told i had low grade dyskaryosis so was sent in for a colposcopy in the end of October but all was fine. I had my next smear on the 4th March 2019 and received a letter on the 16th informing me that I high grade severe dyskaryosis has been detected and have been called in for a colposcopy on Thursday 21st. I was just wondering how normal it is for low grade to progress to high grade severe and if 18 months is a short period of time. Obviously a little bit worrying especially as it took a whole for my last appointment but this one seems a bit rushed. 

Also are they likely to do treatment on the day? 

Tia :) 

• Hi I have had same diganosis but had snear on 4 th feb got call last weds to inform me of coloscopy app as cin 3 been so stressed and worried then today got a call to cancel till April 12 th so now I’m in limbo for three more weeks ,hope all goes well for you Tom 

Oh no!! I have been worried because of the quickness they got me in but in some ways I don't think I could wait as long as you are, I really feel for you, I think the wait is worse than the actually procedure! I didn't get a CIN number just says high grade severe. Worried about how fast it's gone from low to severe. Thank you. I hope all goes well with your appointment too x

Hi, I was also surprised how quickly things progress but it seems fairly normal. I had my smear on 1st March and was told if I hadnt got the results within 6 weeks to give the doctors a call. So I left assuming life would just continue as normal. Smear test ticked off the list for another 3 years. My 1st 2 were clear no problems.

Fast forward 14 days and ive had a letter saying ive got HPV and severe cell changes. So in 3 years Ive gone from zero to sereve. Did the cells just start to multiply the day after my last test?!?. Is 3 years really a safe testing age if you can get to severe in that time? Ive also been booked in for a Colposcopy on the 26th so the next step is waiting for that. To be honest Im grateful of the short turn around as would we really want to sit around waiting any longer to find out what's going on in our bodies? The sooner we know the sooner we can remove or treat it. Wishing you all look with your next appointments. Xx

My history is the exact same, first ever smear was low grade, had colposcopy then referred back in a year. Year later it had changed to severe high grade, went back for colposcopy and had LLETZ done, waiting for results from that now so I think its fairly common. 

I hope your appointment went well! Xx