High grade dyskaryosis (severe) and high risk hpv

Hi all,

I had my results back today from my routine smear and they said High grade dyskaryosis (severe) and high risk hpv. I am so scared. I have been in for a colposcopy but haven't even had a call from a doctor about the original test results...just a text (and I found my results on my online gp section).

Any reassurance to keep me calm for 2 weeks til my appointment ❤️

Hi 

It's a scary time and our minds run away with us ! I had a high grade (moderate) result which was confirmed as CIN2 after biopsy and I'm booked in for treatment at the end of the month. I never had a call from the doctor , just the smear letter and then the colposcopy appointment a week later . I rang the doctor myself , because I was so worried, and he was so blasé about it! I think it's because they see this all the time , it's so common so to them it's just normal but to us it's very scary! 

Try to keep busy , keep your mind from wandering - have a read through all the positive outcomes on this forum , there is one that has been posted recently by a lady who also had high grade severe result. Xx 

Thank you for this :)

Hi, i am a massive worrier and had a similar situation, i am 40 and recently had my first smear, for me i got an out of the blue whist in work saying i needed to be booked in for a colposcopy with no indication of why, I received a letter 2 days later saying i had moddrate grade dyskaryosis and hpv. I had my appointment today before the doctor even started the colposcopy she told me that because i was over 35 it was best that i just had the cells removed and offered for me to have it done then, to be honest it was all a bit of a whirlwind and i have had it done with a loop, i was told that the cells will be sent for a biopsy which i am still worried about but i feel so much better about the whole situation as soon as i had it done and i feel so more reassured now x

Thank you :)

I had my colposcopy and all the cells removed. Just waiting on the results back. They say it's 4 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner!