High grade (severe) dyskaryosis

Hi, new to this site I have just recieved my smear result today abnormal cells high grade (severe) dyskaryosis and have to go for colposcopy, what have people's experiences of this result been in terms of outcome?? I'm terrified of what is ahead for me!!

Hi I also recieved my results yesterday, can not stop crying. Anytime anyone mentions it to me I cry. I had abnormal smear in May 2016 low grade and hpv positive had colposcopy they said it all looked fine,  the experience it self was not as bad as I had expected,they would repeat smear in 12 months, then I had change of appointment and in Jan 17th had repeat appointment with smear, which I had results back yest stating high grade (severe) dyskaryosis with and letter states other changes cgi  I think. And I have an appointment in 10 days time to discuss treatment and a Lletzz leaflet. I can't help thinking that if all was fine in May and now severe it must be bad prognosis. Also been to optician today and been referred to hospital due some scarring and last few days soreness in left breast. Just feel everything is stacking up against me x

Hey guys, 

That was my result after my first smear. Colposcopy was fine, a little uncomfortable but the staff were so nice. They took a few biopsies from the sites they were concerned with after staining them with an acid (doesn't hurt). The biopsies feel like a little period cramp and that's it. I was called back then for a procedure to remove the bad cells from the top of the cervix. My results came back with CIN3, which is the highest level of changes. My procedure removed all of the bad cells, and I had a check-up 6 months after to check it was all good.

I completely understand your upset and nerves around this. I was a bit of a basket case at the time too. Least you're on the road to getting it all sorted now. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel a little better. If you're very anxious and your appointments arn't as quick as you'd like i'd highly recommend going privately if you can possibly afford it. I did as I didn't want to deal with the waiting and had it all over with in a week. Best of luck with everything. I know it's easier said than done, but try and keep yourself doing as much normal stuff as you can in the mean time. 

Hi again thanks for replies flossie12 I know what you mean about crying im the same think it's still the shock of it all! I'm terrified as never had colposcopy before and don't know what to expect! Am awaiting my appointment as wanted to change hospital to one I'm used to. Hope all goes well please keep me informed. L8145 thanks for your post am hoping mine all goes ok and can put this nightmare behind me soon. 

Thanks for the reassurance L8145. Will keep you up to date x

Hi just an update had my colposcopy today had punch biopsy taken now gotta wait 2-3 weeks for results to find out if need to have loop biopsy.

Hi

Had my lletz treatment on Tuesday nurse was lovely and very reassuring she stated the abnormal area was high up not usually picked up on routine smear, she said cervix looked normal and area where she too ok some samples from but said whatever she felt it could be treated, she said she would book me an appointment with consultant within 2 weeks once she had the results. However today I have recieved a letter with appointment to see gynaecologist in oncology on 8th March, which is now worrying me. Tried ringing them but no one available to talk to today to ring again tom. Lady did say she didn't think biopsy results would be back that quick though the nurse who did procedure would be in from 08.00 tom. So will have to wait. Feeling very low today plus full of cold 

Had appt today biopsy showed CGIN and HPV but Lletz got rid and allvsurrounding areas clear, repeat smear in 6 months. So feeling happier tonight. Hope your journeys all are ok too x

Hi ladies

I went for my colposcopy and lletz treatment yesterday for high grade dyskaryosis.  I just have to wait for results now.

I wasn' as bad as i expected and they were lovely.  

Now my question is ....I had cramming and a little bleeding yesterday but I feel fine today and absolutey no bleeding....is this normal? 

He did say only removed a very small area but (Not that am complaining) I been back at work .  Is this the calm before the storm lol

Thank you