High grade (moderate) dyskaryosis

Hi, i recently got my invitation just before my 25th birthday. I booked in straight away and received my results back in 2 weeks. I have now been sent a letter saying i have abnormal cells high grade moderate dyskaryosis. Im petrified ive cried for the past 2 days. I dont have any children but would one day love to have children. I have had problems in the past with my ovaries so im now worried. Can anyone tell me of any stories that someone has had a baby after this? I have googled it and saying theres chances of scarring etc causing possible problems. Im extremely stressed out with last year university and car troubles so this is definately not what i needed. Im more worried about result then the treatment. Any information would be helpful. I have the treatment literally in 3 days after receiving my letter is this normal?

Hi jo

Sorry to hear your news like you I had the same letter saying high grade dyskaryosis I had lletz in October with results coming back saying I had cin 3. I have to have my next smear thats due in March. The treatment isn't as bad as it sounds it's not nice but you don't feel a thing. The best way I found dealing with it was talking to my boyfriend. If you have anyone you can talk to also maybe ask someone to go with you. Hope this helps and good luck

Melissa

Hi melissa,

Thanks for your reply. I have spoken to my boyfriend and my best friend, ive done a lot of crying to as it feels like the end of the world. My boyfriend is going to come with me but im worried.  Ill keep you posted thankyou.

Hi hun, i am also 25..26 next week. I had my 1st smear aged 24 and recieved borderline changes. I then had my 2nd smear aged 25 in december and recieved the same high risk severe dyskaryosis. I have since had my colposcopy on Jan 4th and my consultant said my abnormal cells appear to be viral (HPV) but he took biopsies and I am still waiting them results. 

I was like you, cried for days..recieved the letter the day before xmas eve and was beside myself but honestly i know its hard, try not to panic. There are so so many positive stories on this forum. I have 2 little girls already so i cant answer the concieving after..but i do have a friend who was CIN3 diagnosed and she is currently due to give birth any day with her 3rd child.

Good luck xxx

Hi sara,

Do the results take long to come back? Im not very good with waiting. Do you get a choice wether its a man or a woman doing the test? Does the biopsy hurt i know you get some anasthetic but scares me as its my 1st smear and its turned out like this. 

Thanks thats good to know that you van still concieve afterwards, just want to get these last few months at university done and dusted. Just have to see how my results go. Ill keep you posted. 

Thanks hun x

Hi hun, 

My biopsy results came back today - so just under 3 weeks for myself. The biopsy pinched..they spray it to numb. I wouldnt say it hurt but it appears i have a higher pain threshold than i thought! It ached more after i think! 

I think u can request your prefered sex..my consultant is male..but after having 2 babies everyone and there mother has seen down there so i guess im not bothered aslong as they do there job, and iv always had my fiance or mum in the colposcopy with me. Aswell as the nurses xx

Hiya! 

I am 30 and really want babies too, I have been assured by many medical professionals the risks are really low Hun so please try not to stress!

I had 2 punch biopsies and both felt like a period pain cramp... I had no pain relief at all and didn't need any as it was literally a small cramp as soon as theY touch your cervix. any time anything touches your cervix you will feel a cramp but it's over and done with before you know it!! I did have some light bleeding after and just took panadol and a couple of days of rest. 

I know how overwhelming and scary it all is but timeframes about being seen and procedures are always a positive if it happens quickly. I'm in Australia and went private and my waiting is nothing like some of the poor ladies on this forum! I only waited 2 days for every result, so amazing. At first I was so scared that I was being seen within 2 days of my irregular lap results... they came back high risk precancerous straight away. I saw a gynae  the next business day. 

A coloscopy is where they place a vinegar solution to see if any part of your cervix glow. I had 2 types of HPV and 2 legions so she took two biopsies. I had a lady but would have been happy to have a man either way as they are both trained in the same way.. If you're worried talk to them over the phone.... Don't be shy to ask questions as it's better to hear things from a professionals mouth rather than google or stressing over something they can answer that's what they are here for!!!! My boyfriend is amazing and went with me too... I'm so glad you have the support of him and your bestie!

I will honestly tell you there was no pain with the biopsies. I waited 2 days for the result... got it on Xmas eve that I needed to have Lletz.... she had initially said Feb 17 but when she called she said she would like to see my on 11 Jan 17. I only had the results from the irregular lap in mid December and was having surgery and everything done within a month. Why so quick I was thinking buuuuut logic took over and I knew it was all for the greater good! 

what ever your result is from your biopsies, if you need surgery please take it as a really good thing that they have caught it early and I know how easy it is to let your thoughts run away to omg I won't be able to have babies buuuuuut the fact is yes you could potentially scar but that is a small risk and all of the risks outweigh the fact it could turn into cancer!

there is a small chance of pre term labour buuuut they put a stitch in if your cervix is not long enough and also a smaller baby buuuuuut you will be closely monitered during your pregnancy!!! 

Take a notepad and write all of your questions down... take one into your appointments and breath babe! 

Everything will be okay and we are so lucky they are investigating. Medicine is amazing and you have so many options with pregnancy and the risk is sooooooo low, I repeat soooo low!! Hop onto some forums on here about all of the ladies who have had a successful birth... SO many have gotten pregnant very close after their surgery and you are very fertile after work has been done down there!!!!! 

Try Not to stress and this isn't good for you mentally or physicall... easier said than done but you are in safe hands honey!!! 

Good luck and sorry for the novel..... 

please let us know how you go xoxoxo

Hi people,

Just an update i had the colposcopy today. Unfortunately quite a large area was affected so had my treatment done there and then aswell as the biopsy. Didnt hurt as much as i expected and luckily it was all women. Absolutely shattered due to worrying last night. Get my results in 2 weeks time maybe earlier or later. Dreading that. I asked loads of questions my mind is a little more at ease now. So would just really like to thank everybody for their kind words. Really dreading results but will keep you all posted. 

Hi all,

Just an update. I received my results back today from the biopsy and lletz treatment. It came back completely clear and now on 6 month smear. Iam soo relieved i had a bit of a cry. Hugs to everyone waiting for results or going through a difficult time. 

3rd january first smear test

20th january severe dysk 

24th january colposcopy, biopsy and lletz under local anaesthetic

9th january all clear 6 month check up