Stomach ache and bloating after treatment

Hi 

Finished my treatment beginning of August and awaiting scan and results. 

Pash few days I’ve started to experience stomach cramps and spasms, almost like when you need a poo (sorry TMI). And bloating. My nurse seems to think this is unrelated to treatment as I thought it might be side effect of radio. 

Has anyone else experienced bowel problems after treatment? I’m worried and it’s getting me down thinking it’s spread to my stomach 

Yes Bloating and syptoms like IBS.    It is after effect of the rads.   Hopefully it should settle with time.

XX   

Sould have added to try taking some probiotics.    keep a diary of which foods you eat that may cause your syptoms

A lady with the user name Rissag had some issues too and she recommended probiotics. I think you both have similar stories. 

Hope it settles down lovely, much love xx 

I think it's a little odd for them to tell you it's not related when these are absolutely classic radiation symptoms! I think you can be reasonably confident that's what it is. I had the symptoms for more than twenty years though so it won't necessarily settle down. You do learn to manage it better through diet though.

Karen x 

Locket,  I would definitely recommend a probiotic, I’m 7 weeks from my last treatment. I too had some stomach issues after treatment ended I was so scared it was going to last forever but my dietician recommended I try a probiotic yogurt and it has worked wonders. I read one of your post and we are really similar, I was first staged 1b2 but then they found a  lymph node w cancer in it so then they bumped me up to stage 3 also. I think when you have extended field radiation your more susceptible to getting some stomach issues.im so thankful my stomach issues have finally settled down, it did take some time and me being on the probiotic. I hope your issues are just temporary and they settle down soon for you too. :-)

Thanks for replies. 

I’ve been worried sick as she said This would be unrelated to treatment. I assumed Bowen changes would be. So now Im just thinking the worst and it’s spread because when I read advanced cancer symptoms that’s what I’m having, stomach pain and nausea. I was also sick in the night last night so I don’t know what’s going on. Doctor prescribed me IBS medicine and asked me to come back if no better. Wasn’t sure if it’s stomach ulcer...

thanks rissag will try probiotic, is that a drink? 

X

I think it's likely to be treatment related. I've read loads on late effects of pelvic radiotherapy and bowel issues can come years later! 

Also, anxiety can create all sorts of havoc with your stomach. In the summer I play rounders on a Tuesday night and every Tuesday around 5.30pm I need to go to the loo loads. When it's not rounders season I'm fine! 

I think it's likely to be treatment related. I've read loads on late effects of pelvic radiotherapy and bowel issues can come years later! 

Also, anxiety can create all sorts of havoc with your stomach. In the summer I play rounders on a Tuesday night and every Tuesday around 5.30pm I need to go to the loo loads. When it's not rounders season I'm fine! 

Hi

Since my radiotherapy, over 2 years ago, I have various bowel problems including occasional minor incontinence/leakage.  I'm getting to know my 'changed body' fairly well and what I can and can't do.  I tend to get bowel incontinence/leakage if I'm physically more active than usual.  So, in a way, a bit like Philleepa and the effect of playing rounders.  I always wear incontinence pads - just in case!

x