still waiting

hi ladies :slight_smile:

so… thought I’d have a little moan about the wait I’ve had and still have for the results of my 6 month smear at colposcopy. I had this done 31st August almost 5 weeks ago! everyday for the last 3 and half weeks I’ve been waiting anxiously for the postman, now the anxiety has dropped a bit and I’m just getting fed up of no letter arriving!

so then today I plucked up the courage to phone colposcopy, they then told me that no letter had even been wrote up yet! and gave me a different number for the Secretary, I phoned her up and she said I was thinking this morning that it’s been ages now, but the nurses are all in a meeting so when they are out I will ask them for your results and I’ll phone you with them save u waiting until you receive the letter, so I gave her my mobile number and guess what?.. yep still waiting, it’s hard not knowing and now I feel anxious about my phone ringing

xxx

Ah the wait is hideous isnt it! Ive only just had my results back from my lletz, it took a month in total, and everytime I walked in and saw the post, or the phone rang, I literally jumped! I really hope you hear something soon, it really is the not knowing thats the worst part as your mind just goes in to overdrive. I couldnt relax or sleep at all in the last 2 weeks before getting my results. If you feel courageous again you could ring them back as you were promised a phone call. Loads of hugs to you and really hope you hear from them soon xxx

thank you so much for your reply casbc

my phone rang early this morning, I jumped out of my skin and my heart was racing and it was just a nuisance phone call about life insurance! I still haven't heard nothing yet, not feeling to courageous at this moment in time lol. 

that's good that you've finally had your results, hope all is well. it's cruel how they keep us waiting so long. I was exactly like you after I had my lletz in February, I was in an awful mess. but just so you know it's alot easier the second time around (well I've found it ok, no where near as bad as I was in February)

as soon as I hear anything I will let you know. loads of hugs back to you xxx

finally plucked up the courage to phone them and no answer! I've been constantly ringing them grr xxx

Hi there, sorry I havent had the chance to reply till now, well done for trying to ring them again! Its weird isnt it as you really want to know the results but ringing the clinic takes so much courage, I did exactly the same after 3 weeks of waiting and it took me ages to pick up the phone and call (although that was a waste of time as they just said it would take up to 4 weeks and didnt even offer to check if my results were there).

Oh and thank you so much for the reassurance that its not so bad going back, although my letter just stated that the treatment was sucessful and I didnt need to go back for more, and that I have to go to my GP for a smear in 6 months, so unless I have an abnormal result or HPV present then I dont think I have to go back for a colposcopy.

It really does feel so cruel the amount of time we have to wait for results, as the wait really is awful, I really hope you hear from them soon, or hopefully you have managed to speak to them since you posted! Loads more hugs for you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hear soon!! xxxx

your so lovely thank you

I still couldn't get hold of them :( I even phoned my doctors surgery to see if there was anything on their systems... still nothing. it's been 5 weeks now and there isn't even a letter typed up for me. so I will try again tomorrow afternoon after my tablets start to kick (I'm on medication for my anxiety) I'll feel more courageous then lol 

your results we're great then :) that's fab you've just got to have a regular smear at your gp in 6 months, I had to go to colposcopy.

hopefully I'll know tomorrow xx I will let you know xx thank you again for your reply xxx big hugs to you xx

Morning hun, how are you feeling today? Any news? Ah and thank you for your lovely comments :) 

I really hope you manage to speak to someone this afternoon and the meds kick in, this wait is just so frustrating! I'm such a massive worrier and always have been, so in a way I was happy with how quickly everything happened in relation to getting appointments and just getting everything done (although I was still a massive wreck when I went), although that month wait for the results was hideous!

Are you sleeping ok? I'm still not sleeping very well, but I think my mind/body hasnt fully relaxed yet as only got my results on Monday.

Let me know how you are hun, take care, loads of hugs and still keeping everything crossed that you hear from them soon! xxxxxx

hi hun, thank you for your lovely message

I feel a little bit shaky and a tad bit annoyed right now, I've been trying to ring them, again no answer. so I phoned a different number to see if they could get hold of them instead, well they did get hold of them but the Secretary isn't going to see the nurse who done my smear until Friday now! so I won't know until they phone me on Friday afternoon (if they bother phoning me) 

I'm sleeping well, but I have been on sleeping tablets for years lol. you will sleep well soon hun, your right that your mind/body needs time to wind down now, you'll soon be back to normal. how are you feeling in yourself now? Monday wasn't that long ago see so your probably still worked up.

I'm glad I've got you to talk to, big hugs to you. hope you have a good day xxxx

Hey hun, lovely to hear from you again, although not good to hear that you will have to wait till Friday now!! I'm not surprised you feel annoyed, you were told you would get a call back on Monday, no call, and now after having to ring back yourself you're told that you will have to wait till Friday, I feel really annoyed for you!! Surely they must understand how stressful it is, you've waited 5 whole weeks now!!

I'm so glad that your sleeping though, ah and thank you, you are so right though as I dont think I have had the chance to wind down yet. I do also still feel quite worked up, I was initally so happy to get the letter but I dont feel as relieved as I thought I would (if that makes any sense at all?!) I guess I'm still thinking that I need to start looking after myself more and get my immune system sorted!!

Anyway, I really hope you manage to relax a little tonight, which I know you probably wont but if you want to have a natter or rant I'm here and I'll keep checking when I can :) 

Its so lovely to have you to talk to as well, I'm so glad I found this forum, I didnt really post when I was waiting for my results as I didnt think I would be much use to anyone, but I want to stick around as it was so helpful just to read other peoples experiences. 

So many hugs and positive (hurry up results!) vibes!!

xxxxxxxxxx

hello hun :) thanks for that lovely message

it's ridiculous isn't it, it's like they haven't even looked at my  results yet, and I'm thinking what if it's abnormal again and I've had to wait all this time? it's been awful just not knowing. feels like I've been waiting forever. now I'm nervous because I know my phone is going to ring tomorrow lol silly isn't it.

I was like that hun when I got my results letter back in Feb after my lletz, I was so relieved but that didn't last long, it's like I went back into the same feeling but I think it's because our minds had been worked up for so long it takes time to relax back down from it (it does get better trust me)

I can't thank you enough for being here for me and checking in on me. your right this forum has been a godsend, it stopped me from going insane these past few months. I hope you slept well last night hun. thank you for the positive vibes :) fingers crossed

xxxxxxxx

Hey sweetie, ah I really do hope you hear from them tomorrow, although I totally understand what you mean about the phone ringing! Its such a weird time isnt is, when I was waiting for my results it was like I didnt want to know the results but I really did! I really do hope you finally hear tomorrow though, as its over 5 weeks now and that really is cruel.

Ah and thank you so much for the reassurance, I actually went out for something to eat last night and it was the first time I felt relaxed in ages, although it didnt last long! I was awake again until after 2 this morning! I wish my sleep patterns would get back to normal as I've always been a big sleeper so getting 5 hours or less a night isnt great! 

I hope you've had a good day hun, and I'll keep checking the forum! Ah I feel for you so much, I'm literally thinking again about the waiting and how horrible it feels!! Not sure that last bit was very reassuring but I know there is no point in saying 'try and put it out of your mind for now and relax' .... if only it was that easy!

Yet more hugs and positive vibes hun!! xxxxxxx

hey hun, not having a good day today. still haven't heard anything! I've been ringing them, again no answer. so I phoned a different number again and they told me the Secretary doesn't work on Fridays! but yet I was told they would phone me Friday afternoon. but she told me she would send her an email and she might phone me. their giving me the run around big time.

anyway.... lol 

hope your okay hunni xxxx

Hiya hun, I've been wondering how you were getting on. Ahhh this is getting stupid now, why do they keep telling you things that arent true! Why say you would get a call when the person isnt even there! Thats twice now that you have been promised a call but you end up having to chase them!! I really am feeling so frustrated for you!!

They must know how stressful this is, I know they are busy but its the promising you calls that you arent getting that makes it even more unfair. I know you probably dont want to make anymore phone calls but maybe you could ring your GP? They know you suffer from anxiety so maybe they will have more luck chasing it up? Fingers crossed they may have even received your results now?

I really hope you hear something soon, as yet another stressful day for you waiting for a call that hasnt happened!!

Ah and I'm fine thanks hun :)

xxxxxx 

I've just finally got hold of them hun, not the news I was hoping for I'm afraid. it come back borderline and gotta be taken to the MDT meeting to see if I got to have another smear or more treatment :( xxxxx

Ah hun I'm so sorry, did they give any other information? As I dont really understand enough about borderline changes, other than they are often just observed at first. I also really hope they get back to you sooner this time, I found it easier just getting everything over and done with (even though I was still a complete mess!) and it was the waiting that I really hated.

Have you got anything planned for the weekend? I think you should do something lovely for yourself, I enjoyed going out the other night and I think the only thing that actually distraced me through all of this was doing something nice.

xxxxxx

thank u so much for being here for me

they didn't really give me any information, I was in a daze after she told me that and I was rushing to get off the phone then. she said it's nothing to worry about :/ but they got to take it to the MDT meeting to see if I've got to have another smear in 6 months or more treatment. I haven't got nothing planned hun, wish I did xxxxxxxx