Still waiting for Colposcopy's 3 months after being put forward for one.

Hello ,

Just wondered if anyone else is in my position. 

I have experienced bleeding after sex and finally managed to get an appointment to be seen by a nurse in person for an examination at the start of April. She said I needed a colposcopy but I am still waiting to be offered an appointment it's been three months now. A Doctor from the hospital rang me and said they do want to see me but they are currently closed. I'm really not sure what to do and the longer this goes on the more it's playing on my mind. 

I contacted a private hospital who said they are also closed. I feel like I don't have any options and not sure what to do now? Do I just keep waiting ? 

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I had my second lletz last June and after 3 failed attempts of my smear in January i was pit forwards for a colspocopy . My referral turned out to be cancelled and now my doctor is trying to contact them direct for me.

Have you tried ringing the referral helpline ?

Hi there.

I was referred for a colposcopy at the end of Feb and was informed that all non urgent appointments had been postponed until the crisis was over...

Finally received my appointment 3 and a half months later... I believe they have an incredible back log at the moment... Please don't worry, I'm sure they will get to you as soon as they can ?

Thanks to you both for taking the time to reply. I rang my GP and she is going to examine me next week as I have been getting some abdominal pain as well which I a new symptom.