Still waiting for biopsy results

Hi all

I had my colposcopy almost 5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for my results from the biopsy. The nurse said that it takes about 4 weeks and the lab is quite busy, has anybosy had to wait longer than 4-5 weeks?

I just want to get the treatment done as soon as possible, no matter what the result is!

Sorry that I can't help, I'm waiting as well (2 weeks and 5 days since my biopsy).

The not knowing is awful isn't it.  I just thought I'd say hi and send a virtual hug. Have you tried calling your consultants secretary? They are usually very understanding and will help if they can. X

Don't know if it helps, but I was told last week that it would be 6 weeks to get result.  I understand it maybe differs in area, but might help you put it to the back of your mind for another week x

Hi there, just depending on what area you are - mine took 6 and half weeks to come back it does say on the leaftleat given to me that can take up to 8 weeks. Always worth giving the clinic a call to see if they've had your results.

Thanks everyone. It's 5 weeks today so I will just give them a call tomorrow just to check.

You've put my mind at ease. Sending hugs.

First of all big hugs

I was awaiting results from biopsy but ive had an appointment sent todayto see consultant next thursday (his only clinic day) So now im massively scared, this is my first post here.

Had my smear mid September

letter for colonscopy for the 1st Nov. At the appt LLetz was done and biopsy taken, that was 2 weeks and 2 days and now this appt been made for next Thursday which is scarily quick for me! in my eyes no news is good news 

Give them a ring and see

Big hugs to you. How was the Lletz? They didn't offer treatment for me when I was there. 

I really hope your appointment goes ok and your mind is put at rest. Perhaps it's just quick due to the area you live in? I get the whole 'no news is good news' thing but at least now things are being dealt with.

Very true hun

Lletz the actual procedure wasn’t too bad, I just found the whole apt so o erwhelming and not what I was expecting (I waltzed in Work clothes on thinkin it was a quick chat) so it was quite traumatic for me as it all took me by surprise 

my my cousin had same thing done at the same hosp etc and she just had a letter through saying repeat smear in 6/12s so to have further appts mean there is something that Requires more treatment :/ 

Oh you poor thing, that must have been awful. I went into my colposcopy quite ignorant and convinced myself that they will just send me away and refer me back to 6 monthly smears. Then when the nurse said 'Yeah, we'll definitely need to do biopsies' it was like a punch in the face!

If it helps, one thing that I've learnt is that everyone's journey's are different and it's important to not compare to others as there might be other factors that influence the treatment plan.

I have mentally prepared myself in case I have to see a consultant and the way I see it is the more treatment, the better. I was advised that I might need to have my lletz under general rather than local and, in a weird way, I would rather be put to sleep because I know that the treatment would be more thorough. 

Are you going to bring someone along to your appointment? Has the letter asked for you to do this? (p.s. I've PM'd you)

X

So I just called the clinic and they said that the results were back last month but they've had to do supplimentary tests (not sure what that means exactly!). The secretary had my notes on her desk and said that a nurse will call me later to go over them. She also said that to put my mind at ease, if it was anything terrible, I would have been told by now. Which does put my mind at ease!

BUT, what are these extra tests they're doing? Has anyone heard of this before?

Got my results today sarah

my biopsy shows cancer, but very early stages and they think they got it all as margins were clear. Got to have repeat LLETZ in 3 weeks then check ups every 6 months xxx

Hey,

So sorry to hear that, I hope you're feeling ok. On a positive note, they managed to get it all and it's a really good outcome if the margins were clear! How are you feeling?

Big hugs

x

Hi there,

ive been constantly reading these forums since I got my smear results back (high grade (severe) dyskaryosis) 

not sure how to start my own chat so sorry for jumping on here!

ive had the colposcopy and LLETZ treatment at the same time. 

Its been 3 weeks today and I rang for my results but they wouldn’t give them over the phone, and said the letter is waiting to be typed up. So frustrating 

i had a letter that they sent the doctor. “There were extensive acetowhite changes with punctation and mosaic pattern at the interior cervical lip extending into the canal”

No idea what any of this means, and getting more and more stressed and paranoid! 

Glbooth - sorry to hear your biopsy showed cancer and I hope your ok xx

Hey

No worries - welcome to the chat :)

I'm not sure entirely what that means either, I remember them mentioning a mosaic pattern at my colposcopy as well. 

I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress yourself out over it too much, make sure you try and cheer yourself up a bit when you're a bit down :)

When I went fo my colposcopy, they didn't offer any treatment :( I'm not sure why. I know it differs from clinic to clinic but I wish I had a Lletz there and then.

I’ve not been too bad until today, then I started googling things and worked myself up lol!

yes I’m glad I had the LLETZ done at the same time, I wouldn’t of wanted to wait around, there’s too much waiting as it is!

they said on the phone that I will have my letter within a week so not too much longer to wait. 

My my partner is home from work and has just ordered me a Chinese to cheer me up lol x

Oh no that' the worse thing to do! Lol! You can Google a broken fingernail and Google will tell you it's a brain tumour Lol!

That's so sweet. I'm being taken out for dinner :)

Hope it cheers you up! Remember everyone's experience is different :)

Yes Hun I’m fine 

sobbed in the consultant room, think t was a mixture of shock and relief and it just all came out in a blubber lol, last night was the best nights sleep I’ve had in ages, now next hurdle is the next LLETZ in 3 weeks, hopefully because of the cancer they hurry my results and I have them before Xmas xxx

Yeah I bet! 

A good nights sleep is the best! 

Glad you're ok x

Update:

I didn't hear back from the nurse yesterday :(

So I called again today. I had to ring 5 times until someone answered the phone and even then it was ringing for about a minute!

Managed to speak to the secretary who apologised and said that the nurse would hopefully call me today when the clinic finishes at midday.

I completely understand that they're really busy but I've been waiting for over 6 weeks now and they've had my results for 2 weeks. If they're not going to send me a letter or return my calls, how else am I supposed to know what's going on down there?! :(

I hate to moan!

UPDATE!

Got a call back! It's CIN2 and they're going to book me in for a LLETZ under GA.

Sounds weird but I am happy that it's been confirmed FINALLY and that it's being dealt with :)