Still awaiting results 12 weeks later

Hi I had a total hysterectomy preserving my ovaries 12 weeks ago due to persistent reoccurring severe abnormal cell, has three previous loops done and drs wanted to do a fourth but I refused as I had no cervix left ar sky so agreed for a hysterectomy back in June 2021 as waiting list had stopped for surgery then took awhile to get going again I had a smear to have a check yo while waiting for op as it was 12 months since previous smear. Result shown severe abnormal
Cells again only this time it shown cancer is cells too. Had biopsy come back clear but had op rushed through. Now 12 weeks post op and no histology results, and was due a face to face follow up at 4-6 weeks but still not had them, I’ve rang loads of time to be told the consultant hasn’t looked at them yet. Has anyone else waited this long for results? I’m presuming and hoping all ok with it being this long.

This seems unacceptable by anyone’s standards. In any case the results from that long ago might now require new tests/scans to be done. In my view this is grounds to change your Consultant. You should contact your GP (preferably a woman doctor) and explain your issue and get them to chase it up, and inform the hospital that you want the consultant to contact you by phone this week.

3 Likes

Hi Mumof686,

I’m now 7 weeks post hysterectomy and just today I contacted my surgeon as I was told 4-6 weeks for histology results. They just said it was still pending and they would write to me when it had been done. I can’t complain as everything from the smear at Christmas to the op in May has been dealt with quickly and smoothly, and I’m assuming no news is good news, but I would just like some closure now to be able to move on!

Helen x