Stage 1a1 hysterectomy

Hi i got diagnosed with stage 1a1 cervical cancer removed with clear margins with lletz. I was given the option of follow up appointments to monitor or hysterectomy . I choosen hysterectomy that was due to be today but got cancelled.
After looking into it more i now feel like maybe hysterectomy is too extreme considering the lletz had clear margins. Anyone else got faced with this decision?

Hi FMCP, sorry to hear your story, im not in the same position currently but just wondered how you are and if youve made a decision? Xx

Hi i had my hysterectomy on wednesday so i am now home recovering.
Hard decision but i went with that

1 Like

Glad your home safe and op went well xx hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly x

Hiya I’m in the same position as you and have been given the choice to have a hysterectomy keeping the ovaries or try a 3rd lletz I had a massive hemorridge after my 2nd lletz so that has really triggered me. But I have finished my family. I’m 37. I was just wondering how you are what you had if you don’t mind sharing x

Hi. I had my hysterectomy 12 weeks ago
The recovery was ok with no issues at all.
I would say do what feels right for you. I couldn’t cope with the wait on the results with the lletz and i had bad bleedings anyway so I decided to remove it all straight away. I have no regrets but i knows it’s scary and a hard decision to make. My advise is go with what feels right for you

1 Like

Hiya thank you for replying yes I totally understand I feel the same as you just feels weird. Did you have a radical.? Glad you are healing well

I had total so i kept my ovaries . I am sure you will make the right choice
Its a scary word cancer and its hard to make decisions and also to process it all so If you ever need to talk or anything i am here and know a bit of what you are going through.

1 Like

Thank you that’s so lovely it’s hard as no one I know has has this a lot of friends have said about they would opt for surgery, I had such a scary time after the last lletz but equally scared of having a hysterectomy. Did they mention anything about menopause after your surgery even tho you kept ovaries ? I really don’t want to go through menopause atm. What’s your treatment plan moving forwards now? I don’t want to go through this again but equally scared of big op. My dad has cancer atm so I don’t want to be needy on my family. Thank you for listening

Its ok i completely understand. I changed my mind so many times and up until the last minute i was still ready to run, i cant say it wont be hard because we all recover differently, but what i can say is that you will find within you the right answer and only you know what is best for you.
Regarding menopause i kept my ovaries so no menopause for me until I reach the age although i was advise it could be a few years earlier but not by much if it does happen. I now get a vault smear done at 6 months to test for hpv and then if clear i think its yearly smear.
Its a big operation but i dont regret it.

Hi I’m waiting on MDT to decide what type of hysterectomy. I had cc but clear margin with lletz under general anaesthetic. Can I ask how quickly they booked you in for your hysterectomy. I know not all hospitals are the same I’m just trying to roughly figure out when I will be off work. I’m self employed and have a very physically demanding job. So need to be able to sort my finances out before op. I’m glad your recovery from hysterectomy went well. I definitely think it’s the right decision for me. I’m very nervous as I’ve never had a big op before.

Hi it varies i was booked in quite quick 4 weeks after but then i went in and got cancelled last minute after being in for 10hours.
After that within 5 days i was getting a call to go in the next days .
Its hard with work but unfortunately it does happend to be cancelled so be prepared for all cenarios.

I’m swaying to your decision tbh I have til Tuesday. I just feel like I’m living with this massive brick of emotion on my shoulder. I also feel because they deal with this everyday they can be quite vague. I will maybe feel better after Tuesday meeting but like you I want run for the hills I also just never thought thus would happen. Feel naive!! X

Hi just wanted to see how your doing

Hi i am doing well
How are you doing?
Did you decided to have the hysterectomy?

Hi girls just catching up. I agreed to have hysterectomy am awaiting to get a op date. I’ve just come back from my audit screening and basically my last smear tests have all been wrong in the 10 year period! I honestly feel sad and shocked with this info. I knew my last one must have been wrong as I thought developing cervical cancer was slow.
Anyways the consultant is going to chase my surgery. Did any of you girls have an mri? X

Hey Natalie how are you?
I had my hysterectomy end of April and had an MRI beforehand.
I call it “noisy tunnel time” :rofl::rofl::rofl: I found that learning deep breathing (thank you YouTube…) really helped me keep calm and I just shut my eyes and asked for some music during the scan.
Much love xx :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I had my hysterectomy 3 half weeks ago. I had MRI before lletz on June. It’s not that bad. Just loud. I was given A buscopan injection as they don’t want your bowels moving. They talk you through it and give you headphones with radio if you want it. I did and it gives you instructions as to when the scan starts and finishes. I kinda made music with the noise of the magnets haha. It’s slow going with the hysterectomy but it’s major surgery so don’t rush it. Do you know if your having abdominal or laparoscopy? I had everything removed amazingly via laparoscopy

So I haven’t been offered an mri at all. My op is in October hopefully, just want this to all be over now. Esp learning my smears have all been wrong. Did you have an audit done ? How you feeling c x

I’ve opted for a lap key hole aswell. But keeping ovaries hopefully. How you feeling? X